The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At it again...
Quote:quote:Originally posted by drpeterwardle

I suggest that people read the following report: http://www.icstis.org.uk/service_provide...de=&id=374
Why? I really fail to see what this has to do with his attempts to organize archaeology courses and why you BAJRites are apparently so intent on victimising this guy. Have you run out of other topics to discuss here or what?

Paul Barford
I will reply to Paul off list.

Peter Wardle
Quote:quote:Originally posted by drpeterwardle

I will reply to Paul off list
Sorry, I am aware of most of what you wrote, but you did not convince me that what is happening here is in any way fair or justified by the circumstances. I find it ironic that when some archaeologists get reprimanded for their choice of verb to describe the removal of metal objects from below-plough archaeological deposits by irresponsible artefact hunters in a generic sense, it's apparently felt within BAJR AUP for others to freely indulge in full-scale character assassination of named individuals behind their back. This does indeed resemble badger baiting, a most unsavoury spectacle.

Paul Barford
I cant believe that you have actually managed to yet again bring metal detecting into yet another non metal detecting related subject.... you really are astounding.... congratulations though... only you could have done it....

I feel the problem you really have has nothing to do with the theme of this thread Paul, it is just a chance to have a pop at BAJR as you have been publicly reprimanded on here for your unacceptable behaviour.

http://www.detector-distribution.co.uk

For all your detecting needs.
When the initial exchange occurred, I checked if KJL was a member on this board (not on work time I hasten to add): unless some unsavoury charecter is involved, he is a member under his own name.

Of the Clan Sutton
Nuff said.

Indeed, too much, so I'll try to wipe my slate. Sorry.
Quote:quote:Originally posted by achingknees

For those on here defending this guy...please find out the wider background. You might regret what you've said and come to see your comments as foolish. Strange bedfellows [:o)] Nuff said.
Ah, so what you mean is this is actually about some older grudge and the fact he's running courses is just a pretext for you all to have another go? And if those who have said here that they find this distasteful actually already know something of the "wider background"? No, I dont think I will see my comments as "foolish" when all I am suggesting is that even if your AUP allows this, common decency requires you give ALL a fair hearing. Have you really run out of archaeological topics to talk about that you have to find somebody to gang up on?

Paul Barford

Topic locked... this has gone on enough.

Another day another WSI?
I agree with paul. Archaeological texts/theories are there to be disputed and revised... If their is a serious professional problem with the guy then there are more appropriate ways to deal with him (after all he is a member of the IFA).

If he has done things in the past, shouldn't they remain in the past? Everyone makes mistakes, surely a vital reason behind our profession is that we want to learn about our past, so that we don't repeat mistakes (our is this just my view?). I'm sure we have ALL done things in the past that we regret (even Dr Pete, and Mr Hosty), is it fair/right that they are held over us for ever to extent that of a witchhunt??

It is interesting to note that when the heat is turned the other way BAJR threatens to lock the topic??

Incidentlly can anyone tell me what the individual has done in the past which is soooo terrible (off line please)
Muddy mate... while I am away I can´t keep as tight an eye on the topics... As to a witch - hunt... perhaps a look at how this started may show that the origin is from a request to find out about whether a course was accreddited or not.... hardly cause for an outcry?

Elements on the forum, have made it difficult to conduct this forum in a way that consititutes fair and even handed debate... The question is... Who suffers when this forum gets out of hand? I have to be strict, until such times as I can ensure the debate continues withiin guidelines.

Another day another WSI?