The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 871 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 871 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanton vandalism
From the latest SALON-IFA newsletter

Local anger as listed cottage is destroyed by digger

Tewkesbury Borough Council's Head of Development Control, David Jones, has described the demolition of an uninhabited sixteenth-century listed building in Apperley, near Tewkesbury, Glos, as the ?most blatant act of vandalism against a listed building that the council has ever seen?, adding that ?we will seek authorisation from the planning committee to prosecute those responsible?. The Grade II listed Oak House was repeatedly rammed by a digger on Saturday 18 February, leaving what William Morris, the chairman of the parish council, described as ?a beautiful building? in ruins. A fire damaged the roof of the property in March 2002 but the owner, Ruth Greenshield, issued a statement through her solicitor denying responsibility for the demolition and saying that she had planned to renovate the house and live there.

A farmer, Gerald Kinahan, who is also a parish councillor in a neighbouring parish, admitted to driving the digger. He said a builder, whom he refused to name, had asked him to do it, and he had no idea the building was listed. He said: ?I was instructed to do the work by another builder and I just went ahead with it. I thought it was all above board and just did the job I was told to do.?

The police have been informed and are investigating the demolition with the council.

Makes my blood boil just thinking about it! Thought it would make me feel better to share this news with everyone.
[:0]Sad i assume if one was to tell this parish councillor to also jump off a tall building he would oblige! I wonder what action will be taken....if any......... i think my signature quote sums this up nicely.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Lets hope that the council does actually prosecute this happens far too frequently.
It doesn't actually matter who the builder was that told the farmer/Parish Councillor to drive the digger into the building if he wants to play it that way. The 1990 Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act says that the person who actually did the act of damage is liable as well, so this chap's just publically admitted to committing a criminal offence.

I think the Council should throw the book at him.
Lock the Lout up yer Honour!

deep
I always find it amusing in the darkest, most cynical sense of the word when I see listed buildings that have just been "burnt by ------" fill in the blank with scapegoat(usually kids, sqautters or gypsies)on new development sites. I see it a lot. Do the police ever investigate these things properly?Sad
Councillors, development in the pipeline, listed buildings in the way, unknown builder...all sounds a bit familiar and completely corrupt...as usual...