The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"role is fulfilled by the IFA..."
Thanks hb and ck. I think I'd come from the view of levying the charge to the contractor (a kind of probation if their standards had slipped?). They could be told in advance that every project they did would have to be monitored more regularly during a set period of time and therefore site visits would be made x times per week during the course of the project (field and post ex). The cost would then be built into their end cost, and could therefore be compared reasonably to all the other quotes from other contractors. There would have to be a process to get to this stage of extended monitoring, but it wouldn't as such be a tax on the developer because they would have the choice between tenders (and the charge would be comensurate to the monitoring visit time and used for that purpose). CK - not been posting long, so if i'm going over old ground apologies [:I]. Could you tell me the original thread?

Of the Clan Sutton
Quote:quoteConfusedite visits would be made x times per week

Well my eyes are boggling at this point. I think my timetable works out I can do monitoring visits for 1 afternoon a week.
Quote:quote:Originally posted by historic building

Quote:quoteConfusedite visits would be made x times per week

Well my eyes are boggling at this point. I think my timetable works out I can do monitoring visits for 1 afternoon a week.

In defense, x could be a fraction Wink

But seriously, point taken - just thinking out loud.

Of the Clan Sutton
At a base level monitoring is ensuring that the agreed scheme is upheld - therefore a necessary part of the planning process and I would think that charging would be difficult to uphold (I don't know how those who do charge are able to justify it). Does anyone know if the Council's structural engineers charge to visit sites when they do the foundation checks? That would be an obvious parallel.

But if you are only going to charge some people, on the grounds that they have previously been crap and need babysitting, how do you make that decision? Would necessitate formalised assurance models and so forth - and what County has the time or money to do that? Will not be as simple as finger pointing you will need to provide vetted proof.

And if you charge everyone equally - a flat tax - then in turn they will need to recieve something other than your friendly smile - and you will have to visit each and every phase of work of each and every site. Including negative watching briefs in the nether regions!

Also, this would all have to be set up through planning - and not tied to a contractual unit. Can't see how you would be being punative as the tenders won't necessarily have gone out at that stage....

ML
Yes, all valid points (did I mention I was thinking out loud WinkWink). Rest assured i'm not keen on the finger pointing method of getting rid of the chaff. I will readily defer to you as to the need to tie this in to the planning process itself rather than a specific arrangement between curator and contractor.

Of the Clan Sutton
Can't see how it could be done at present. The fee for the planning application will already have been set under the county council's scale of charges and will have been paid with the submission, and site inspection visits will be deemed to be included.

The structural engineer, who will work for the district/borough, comes under the Building Regulations, not planning, and in my experience doesn't make many site visits - all their time is spent checking reams of jolly interesting sums. However, the Building Control Officer (Building Inspector, or District Surveyor in Inner London, in old money), makes a number of regular site inspection visits, at certain pre-arranged stages, looking at dpc's and drains and things. The fee for a Building Regs application is paid in two stages, one at submission, and another, the inspection fee paid by the contractor when work starts on site. (Of course these days you can use a private buidling regs person for plans approval).

The system could be changed to resemble the building regs system I suppose.

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.
Quote:quote:Originally posted by Barnesy

CK - not been posting long, so if i'm going over old ground apologies [:I]. Could you tell me the original thread?

Sorry Barnesy - I meant we'd discussed it where I work before, not on BAJR. I'm finding this discussion interesting. As this is an IFA thread however, another question for everyone: Have any of the Curators out there ever been asked by the IFA to comment on whether or not a unit are worthy of RAO status when they've applied or reapplied? I never have, yet I'd have thought a comment from staff involved in the monitoring of professional standards on a day-to-day basis would've been an important indicator.
No never been asked
Nope, me neither. Would make sense.
Nope

Another day another WSI?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  site tech role strugglingdigger 137 65,110 24th August 2011, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Dinosaur