The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHS Spear and Jackson
Excavation carried out by tongue/hands/toes or sphincters would constitute a serious HS risk therefore....tools should be provided-units have an obligation to provide PPE.Not going to ask who said muppet unit is, have a few guesses though.Sadly, more than a few.Big Grin
never been expected to provide own tools, though have been asked on number of occasions if I've got my own PPE. A no usually results in a rummage through 10 year old hardhats and hi vi vests designed for elephants. Which is another point, thinking about it. Do units have an obligation to provide PPE that actually fits? Some of us are only little, and surely outsized PPE presents its own H&S issues?

++ i spend my days rummaging around in dead people ++
I the the arguement would revolve around whether the PPE was fit for the purpose. On those grounds, footware that was too small/large would be unfit, as would a hard hat that was too old/large/small. I can't think why hi-vis should be excluded from the rationale.

(I really have worked in the field)
Do units have an obligation to provide PPE that actually fits? Some of us are only little, and surely outsized PPE presents its own H&S issues?

The answers are yes and yes! Don't be fobbed off with the XXXL hi vi vests.

Trowels - always been a difficult one. In some ways these are like artisan's tools. A brick layer will have his own trowel, but other equipment, like mixer, barrow etc will be supplied by his/her employer. That said, I would encourage units to provide the trowel, but for personal use.
personal use? conjures up images of us taking them home to point our brickwork or something...

trowel is a personal thing, custom fitted to the hard hand of the digger... mine is wrapped in green and red electrical tape... (a to find in long grass.... b) to make sure no b@str**D goes off with it...

it seems I will not find another WHS to match it!

Another day another WSI?
just a joke hosty, course I know what "personal use" means. Mine is currently held together with glue and a green rizla packet and has an intricately carved handle (amazing what you'll do when living in a site hut in Lincolnshire), but is currently rusting away in a darkened corner. Better look after it now...

LOok of horror on my face... came home to find my wife had used it to cement a shelf into a wall.. and then NOT CLEANED IT [:0][:0]

it looked like a stone ball with a stick coming out of it!

much chipping later... these things are precious things now!

Smile

Looking forward to getting the reply from Neill Tools.... it was a 5 page gauntlet throw.

Another day another WSI?
Quote:quote:Originally posted by sniper

personal use? conjures up images of us taking them home to point our brickwork or something...

I recently used one of my old faithfuls to dig holes in the garden when I was putting some plants and posts in. I was pleased to note that after a few years of only intermittent use, the araldite was still holding firm in the face of nasty clay subsoil. I've also used it for levering out paving slabs and filling holes in a concrete floor. Smile

To answer Mercenary's earlier point, if anyone is asked to provide their own mattock and shovel, they should drop a line to the local Curator. This kind of under-resourcing on site should be reported.
Hosty, after coming home to that kind of trowel abuse, I'd think you'd easily have got off with justifiable homicide...

Come to think of it, if you could extract a trowel from a bed of concrete, does that make you King of the Britons now?[:0]

May I be the first to pledge my allegiance, sire..... (any knighthoods going?)

Today, Bradford. Tomorrow, well, Bradford probably.