The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "useravatar" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 871 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "userstars" - Line: 11 - File: inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(871) : eval()'d code 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 871 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New balls please!
Recently I was told about a company in Wales who have taken on a large contract somewhere (no names, no pack drill).The work is to last until Febuary but, the diggers have only been given contracts until the 22nd of December. I suggested that we ask BAJR to mediate between the company and diggers to try and get it sorted, David asked for a copy of one of the contracts,but none of them have the BALLS to send me one. Now this is what I call moans in the pub!
If you are going to complain, then bloody well do so, don't just winge a bit then carry on working. This is one of the reasons that pay and conditions are so bad in archaeology.
Bloody Apathy, makes me MAD[:0]

deep
thanks for that...

If you want action... you need to send a photocopy....

I can then mediate.. as Deep says... !!

I think I can get you a deal... its up to you.....I am off until the 10th August.. but I will even try and sort this while on holiday! so... If you have three choices... send it in before the 1st August (or phone me direct ... 01620861643 evening) Big Grin
get it to me for the 10th August to the adress on the website! Smile

last choice is to just let it happen... or is it just an unfounded moan in the pub?????? Sad

up to you... its what the hotline is their for as well!

Another day another WSI?
I hope something is done about this. The managers read these boards as well.

If nothing else, we can all send the unit manager some cheery christmas cards. All enclose 10p for the cheapskate.

A large unit in Wales? thats just taken on a big contract? Hmmmm...
Yeah sorry to be cryptic but, you'd never GGuess Any Trowel owners worked there!!

deep
This happened to me once when I was digging (years ago). We were all asked in December whether we would be coming back in the new year, and like sheep, most of us said yes.

Perhaps the "company in Wales" might think about revising their miserly practice if all their staff cleared off and went to work somewhere else while they were laid off, leaving them with not enough people to finish the job. Does anyone have any information about other sites starting in the new year that can be passed on to the Welsh diggers?

I worked in Wales for many years and the Unit I worked for were actually very good in comparative terms about pay and conditions, H&S etc.

Peter
looks like I won't get any copies of the contract...

If you want help... then help me by giving the info I need... you want a crap Xmas or a rosey one... up to you.

BAJR

Another day another WSI?
Well some of us have balls!

There isnt a contract as such such, just a letter stating the length of our contract extension and its termination on the 22nd of december.

However the digging staff has discussed this issue with the management and have been told that there is no guartantee of work or project funding after december and they dont want to have a large number of people to lay off.

We have been promised a reply as to a contract extension by november to allow us to find new work - we may just be being fobbed off as seeems to be normal practice within archaeology but it seemed worth giving benifit of doubt and holding on a little longer before "kicking off".

If BAJR feels this is the wrong decision, or it is felt that intervention at this stage would be more benificial then a copy of the extension and origional contract is on its way to BAJR as I for one have had more than enough of spending Christmas with no job, only to get re-employed in Jan (with no holiday pay)!
Good on ya

I can hear your cahonies clacking as we speak! Big Grin

Seriously though... I would appreciate a copy of the contract to peruse teh legality... there is a whole bunch of new employment laws in action just now. And I can then check with an employment lawyer I know.

If the letter of employment (which is good to see) states that the contract terminates on the 22nd Dec but they come to you with an offer of continuation in November but minus any hoiday or statutory holiday - then there is a breaking of employment law. As your employment is over 3 months for example you are entitled to certain rights.

Send a copy (either pdf or photocopy) to either info@bajr.org OR
BAJR 5/2 Hamilton Terrace, Edinburgh EH15 1NB

give me your private contact details and I can then talk direct with you to ask what you would prefer... strict confidential.!

cheers

David

Another day another WSI?
Where are we with this now?
Has anybody had any communication with the company??

deep