The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shocked + disappointed
Troll you ##### and absolute #####

Seriously though.. All I would like to see is an admission of inappropriate behaviour, and no smart ass replies on entemology or being banned from the student union. I am still waiting any form of contact from Sea Surgeon.

ps... Mercenary... your rants are a joy to behold.

Another day another WSI?
i don't beliiiieeeve it! troll says he beleives in baseball batting metal detectorists and nobody says a thing.

"The question of detectorists is a huge one and trust me-I`m for baseball bats every time."

then bajr misquotes sea surgeon as saying "they rip the rings off dead pilots ," he never said anything of the sort! your putting words into someones mouth when they cant defend themselves. What he actually said was

"Some of the worst abuses happen in aviation pseudo-archaeology where war graves are violated and corpses stripped of jewellery and clothing, live ammunition is exposed and distributed putting the public at risk and artefacts end up being sold for profit."

also, bajr never actually asked for an apology on the forum only behind the scenes by e-mail with the threat of a ban. if u havent heard from the the guy i'd expect to hear from his lawyers at this rate.
Hi y'all

Mmmmm I'm in a bit of a pickle about all this. Watched the thread with some interest as I've some experience of the best and worst metal detectorists. I've seen some wonderful collaboration with archaeologists (but also some condescending 'exploitation' by us), lots of md's trying hard to be responsible, then some sh*ts who are greedy thieves. With these extremes some polarity and polemic is to be expected.

I actually agree with much of what medi-evil just said. Look forward to the reply! I have also seen the stirling efforts of Mr Hosty on various forums. Well done again.

Re the p-word - I must lead a sheltered life as I'd never heard the term. Or, I lack some education. Anyway, in a bid to comprehend the term and the emotive responses on here I did a google and came up with this.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...=pikey&r=d

There was another web site at the top of the list but I'd better not put that on. Wink

Rather interesting to see the etymology -

Hosty, though, with reflection, do you not think Sea Surgeon has a canny knack in the art of wind-up? Big Grin

Mr SS - come on back Smile

oops, wish i'd read a few more entries on that last link. Suffice to say NOT my thoughts, but very wide-ranging term it seems.

Next bajr poll? Is the p-word racist? Wink
or should SS be allowed back before August? }Smile

back on me 'ead...

Well, unsurprising really. This forum does resemble a bit of a love-in on occasion. Censoring people because you don't like their point of view is pretty Stalinist it seems to me. I've seen much more offensive comments on this site which have just been 'bleeped' without banning anybody. Mind you if your idea of a debate is a 'daisy chaining' of opinions perhaps this is the correct opinion. Censor that.
Quote:quote:I do not see an apology for your 'knee jerk' reaction to detectorists.
Posted - 03/07/2005 : 19:54:36

06/07/2005 : 09:39:10 Topic locked and Sea Surgeon put on a month ban.

So BAJR did ask for an apology both online and also offline... I waited 3 days in fact. During which Sea Surgeon was smart with his post on the etymology of pikey.

Thanks for quoting the correct passage? I am afraid I paraphrased?and incorrectly at that

However.. I would love to know where this has happened in the UK? then it can be reported and dealt with. I may as well say that the IFA eat babies? honest? a bloke told me?

So back to the case in hand.

As it seems that the majority would like to hear more from Sea Surgeon ? I have now unlocked his account. But remember that this forum is here for both fun? general questions and also debate ?. It does not have to descend into unsubstantiated claims and smart alec comments.

As a matter of fact I do not agree with Troll saying that baseball bats should be taken to MDs either.. I am now on record as saying it. However that does not justify why Sea Surgeon should feel the need to use offensive language either

Just to show what aching recovered as the definition of Pikey

From the English "turnpike", the place where itinerent travellers and thieves would camp near a settlement.

Pikey is not a racial group, the term is used to describe anyone who lives in a caravan or shares the same values and "culture" of "the travelling community", and whose main sources of income are as follows:

Stealing cars, flogging roses in pubs for "childrens' charities", nicking lead off roofs, burgling garden sheds, blagging entry to old peoples house to rob them, doing dodgy tarmac jobs ("we've got some black stuff left over from a job up the road"), sometimes with mint imperials used as a substitute for white chippings, or, reportedly, using snow to lay slabs on when the sand ran out, stealing your bollocks if they weren't in a bag and anything else that's not nailed down and anything that is nailed down but will fit in the back of an untaxed Transit when nobody's looking.

Characterised by lurchers on a string, a unintelligible language that "isn't English, it isn't Irish, it's just Pikey" (source: Film: Snatch), a penchant for harecoursing, ketamine, lighter fuel, fighting in pubs and shopping at Lidl.

Best avoided.

So tell me? is that offensive?? Would you take offence? What would offend you?

To knock it back at you Medi.. Why do you find Baseball bats offensive and the line
?I think metal detectorists are a bunch of pikeys and should stick to raking in skips.?

So lets all step back? take a deep breath? admit we have all got hot and bothered about this? none of you will know the vicious postings that have raged on 2 other forums.. where it really got out of hand.

I can apologise to Sea Surgeon for over reacting? Sea Surgeon must see that many people will find such a term offensive and apologise.

So if everyone is ready? lets start fresh?

See new Thread? play fair and no polemics? this is a grown up thread!

Another day another WSI?
My last posting on this thread......I have and, will continue to do all I can to encourage responsible use of metal detectors. Nighhawks are another matter and, my "baseball bat" comment related to them exclusively. There will always be scum in this country who will quite literally grin at you whilst destroying heritage.The list is way too long to go into here however, as nighthawks seem to think that might is right, please don`t expect me to discuss the issue with them over tea and cakes.Big Grin
Troll, I'll hold your coat Smile
I luurve you!Big Grin