The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for Fun
several years ago my company was excavating a cemetary site and as 'Meet the Ancestors' were filming that day our manager was prancing around trying to get his face on telly. a passer by asked how we tell the difference between male and female skellis (a reasonable and intelegant question compared to most).
my boss steps in and completley seriously said "you count the ribs, male skellis have one less than femaleones"[:0]
strangley that did not make it onto the telly!
Isn't it woderful how medieval thought can survive in so called scientific professions in the 21st century.}Smile
So it's HIS fault that everyone thinks that Big Grin It was on the telly, so it has to be true.........
When working in a well known Royal castle recording a late 11th century round tower a group of American tourists came up with "gee it's beautiful but why did they build it so close to the railway station"

Little Tim

"Freedom of ideas is one thing, freedom of the purse is quite another". Edward Harris
Quote:quote:So it's HIS fault that everyone thinks that It was on the telly, so it has to be true.........

Try an equally dubious source for facts of any sort... The Bible.
Hey Little Tim, that was my royal round tower excavation! There were several Tims as I recall. Are you the 'sleepy Tim' who managed to sneak a sly if precarious kip on top of one of the very tall royal bookcases, or one of the hard-working ones? Wink

Apologies, Mr Hostie - I should probably have taken this to Digs Reunited.

Weegie
Had a local old boy wander over from his house a while back, to the evaluation I was doing on what had been a former farm, where he shouted at me "Have you found my finger yet"? Thought i'd misheard him but he starts waving a mutilated hand under my nose saying he'd cut it off with a circular saw 30 years ago where my first trench was and he'd never found it. I had to promise i'd keep a lookout and give it back if i found it.
Here's a second hand one from an old lady:
'Saxon eh? They're Germans aren't they? I don't know why you want to bother with them; they bombed our chip shop.'

American tourists can be great for reinforcing stereotypes can't they?
Here's a comment I heard one backpacker say to another at the top of a Mexican pyramid:
'...and apparently the whole temple was covered in abalone'.
My guidebook suggested that a less pungent coating of alabaster was used.
Never forget the apocriphyl (er I think)

Thats really handy they built the Castle so close to the train station.. talking about Edinburgh Castle

My all time favourite was in York though

bloke walks up... what are you doing 'e says... excavating the roman road says I... I thought so.. he says... I built it.... I am a Praetorian Guard... to my look of surprise.. he then goes on.... Not now of course... in a past life....

i had to gnaw my own hand off to stop myself from laughing...

Another day another WSI?
I'm studying archaeology and working part time (in a call centre), and, despite many of them watching time team, many of my colleagues assume I do something with dinosaurs.....

When I'm on geophysical fieldwork I have to explain it as 'those little white boxes that beep'... and that I've never found any gold, but got very friendly with a dead roman (that normally puts them off!)

Best digging anecdote- working on the Beckhampton Avenue at Avebury and patiently explaining to the local druids that they can't burn incense/sage/class c drugs near the trenches 'cause we were hoping to get carbon dates- they wanted to appease the spirits of the destroyed stones!! a very rapid lesson is 'contested interpretation' of a site!! They left a few small offerings in our trenches ovenight, crystals and whatnot, but we beat them at the pub quizz!!

Kayt