Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Working as an archaeologist in the UK if your from Europe and beyond..

  1. #1

    Default Working as an archaeologist in the UK if your from Europe and beyond..

    Many have asked on the Bajr Facebook page about what is required to work and live in the United Kingdom if they come from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA), the Commonwealth, America and the rest of the world. As is usual with these things its Byzantine in its complexity. So we will start with what you actually need to get in the door...and start digging

    Firsty here's a link to the Visa requirements for those coming from the EU, the EEA, and the Commonwealth:

    The US of A:

    The rest of the world:

    Usfull guides include;

    When you get here and are deemed fit to work you will need to sort out tax

    and dont forget to blend in...

    There is a lot of stuff to cover here so if I have duplicated or omitted anything feel free to take me to task.
    Last edited by Alan Rae; 29th April 2016 at 10:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Chivalric Lord of BAJR Dinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010


    Past Horizons
    You may want to be thinking about updating this sometime in the next couple of years, Article 50 and all that

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Facebook Comments


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
About BAJR

A benchmark for comment and discussion for over a decade, the bajr federation forum gives you the space and platform to talk, complain, announce and ask. Whether it is a question about a pottery typology or a comment on the state of pay ( again). BAJR is now on Twitter and Facebook, but the searchable heart - and public face is here on the forum.

Why not sign up with us if you are not already a member. It is easy, just click > REGISTER <

Join BAJR Social
Contact us
Telephone: 01620 861643