The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Potential groups - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Potential groups (/showthread.php?tid=2278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Potential groups - chiz - 26th August 2009

dare I suggest an IFA group?

Potential groups - BAJR Host - 26th August 2009

I think you dare, and indeed it would be a valuable group to have. Being in the centre of things and in control of the group as well! This could be a shop front, and a place to ask questions without fear of any IfA bashing... after all, it would be their place. I suspect though the answer may be no.... you never know though.

Potential groups - kevin wooldridge - 26th August 2009

Re the IfA group. The IfA do have a Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=8531366027 where it seems possible to open topics and discuss IfA matters.

Don't know how David feels about this, but when the idea for BAJRfed came up some of us suggested that it shouldn't cover ground that is already covered by existing groups or organisations, other than to provide links and promotion. The IfA Facebook group seems to be a perfect example of that idea as the group has over 700 members, and although the forum does seem a little quiet, it seems to have offical IfA backing and therefore is probably the best place to discuss IfA matters.

Potential groups - chiz - 26th August 2009

Does it? I never knew that, and had never heard of it, but then I don't do Facebook. Or know what it really is or does...

I agreed at the time (posting under a pseudonym) that any BAJRfed shouldn't duplicate established groups, but at that point we were perhaps all leaning towards a rather different and perhaps more formal organisation. I don't have a clue how this site will develop, but it doesn't seem to be the original idea of BAJRfed (yet?!), whatever that was! One thing I get annoyed by with the internet is the fragmentation where you have to check loads of different places, ok its easy enough with bookmarks and hyperlinks, but it does get a bit tedious and eventually I just give up! I haven't a clue (or the inclination to find out) what Twitter and all these things are, but I did find it useful when Kathryn W used to post stuff on BAJR about IFA news etc. and I hope they continue to do that.

The suggestion was tongue in cheek in a way...

chiz Wrote:The suggestion was tongue in cheek in a way...
but perhaps not so bad... I do hope that the IfA do come here and do continue to post... otherwise, people just don't know.

Kevin Wrote:he IfA Facebook group seems to be a perfect example of that idea as the group has over 700 members,
and sadly it is too easy (I know myself) to click join... and that's it... an active discussion forum / network, takes time and effort to drive along, as if you let it sit, then it stagnates.. and basically dies. look at the people who post on Facebook groups... nuff said! Wink

I want KathrynW to post here, but I also want others to use it..

theis forum becomes the main hall, while the rest of the BAJR Fed becomes the group room, and of course your own personal studyroom.. Big Grin

Teh original concept of BAJR Fed is to bring people together, to support the fieldworker and to push forward communication and change. I see now that it can, and indeed has a real potential... but this time driven by those that use it...

I have asked DF to join... and set up a group specifically for Fieldstaff.

Potential groups - Wibblehead - 26th August 2009

Community Archaeology Group should (if i have done things right) now have appeared under the Groups section. Open for anyone with an interest to join.

Em

Potential groups - Pippyn - 26th August 2009

I was thinking of setting up a student group, for those of us who aren't fully fledged archaeologists. I'm not really sure what it would do though... :face-huh:

Certainly would help students who are starting and students who are at the end to know what to expect, give advice, and ask about what next... go on... set it up:face-smart:

Potential groups - Wibblehead - 26th August 2009

I think a student group would be an excellent idea. Surely you could share ideas of good places to get fieldwork, share experiences....

You should go for it!

Potential groups - Pippyn - 26th August 2009

OK!!!! :face-kiss: