The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1938 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1938 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 837 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 1081 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1081 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "threadprefix" - Line: 4 - File: showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1168) : eval()'d code 4 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1168 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales from the Tea-hut
I had a similar problem but from the other side of the coin on a water-logged site once. I found a piece of rib bone in a pit with what looked like the start of two entwined snakes carved on it,took it in the hut to show our on site finds person who promptly declared it as "an obvious Mr (Blanks) fake" and threw it in the bin!it took me all day to convince her that it was genuine,at one point she even accused me of faking it.
But we did have a goo d laugh about it down the pub that night,though i'm still not sure that she believed me!Sad
While working on an urban site in the midlands, I put one brick each day for nearly a whole week into the bottom of a colleague's ruck-sack who had a bus journey and a couple of miles walk home everyday. By the end of the week, he was complaining of being over-tired and feeling weak (i.e. his bag was uncharacteristically heavy). Later that Friday, while minding my own business, a brick flew across my head followed by another, then a kick up the backside and a couple of dead arms. I was laughing too hard to protect myself. Soz J., wherever you are.
In my early days as a digger I went to Germany to work on a rescue excavation - nice Mesolithic activity site at the base of a cliff. As part of the set-up a couple of guys were sent out to find a suitable location for the site lavvy. About a hundred yards away in a patch of woodland they found a wooden platform that appeared to cover a hollow of some sort, so they cut a hole in the platform and put a bucket-type toilet on the top and a canvas structure around it - perfect for the job (no pun intended) and well-used over the next few weeks.

One day an eminent German professor appeared on site - the previous summer he had excavated a burial nearby and the radiocarbon dates had now shown that it too was Mesolithic - the best Meso burial in Germany. He had now returned to take environmental samples from the grave fill (should have done them at the time of excavation, but this was Germany).

'Marvellous' we said, 'where is the grave?' He pointed over towards the woods and said 'about a hundred meters, but we covered the open grave with a wooden platform in order to protect the grave fill'!

Beamo
A few years ago I was working on a site with the Time Team filming us for one of their special progs,we was told on the first day that whoever makes the first find will be interviewed on camera and explain what they had-so to cut out that nonsence I relegated myself to shovelling out for the rest of the crew cleaning the trench.After about ten minutes I felt the shovel touch something and the archaeologist in me had to dig it up,out comes a catapult shaped bit of worked antler and promply I got grassed up as the first person to find owt!
The camera crew were brought over and for nearly twenty minutes I had to explain what it might be (especially the small groove round one of the prongs-I said it might have been cut to hold string in place),that over I started to walk of back to the trench when the REAL answer hit me-that was where i'd hit it with the shovel in the first place!![:I]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tales from the Crypt mesolithic viking 2 3,019 31st October 2006, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BAJR Host
  tales from the crypt mesolithic viking 5 4,143 31st October 2006, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Curator Kid