The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.29 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossroads
(To the tune of deep and dirty Mississippi slide guitar...)

I`ve done my apprenticeship now (13 years) on the circuit and feel it`s time to become upwardly mobile. I`ve worn the shoes of various levels of responsibilty but have always returned to the trenches as that`s where my overriding passions lay. I`ve decided that it`s time to settle into a grown-up position and learn the skills required anew. I`ve also noticed that despite the fact that the majority of positions advertised on BAJR(recently) are for grown-up jobs-the availability of work for trench-fodder has all but dried up (perplexes me...how do units require more project officers/managers when there`s no need for fieldworkers?)........
The bottom line is this- I`ve finally decided that I want to assume more responsibility and that I want to acquire the skills needed. Is there such a thing as an employer in archaeology willing to take on and invest in a trainee grown-up? I throw myself verily at the feet of the BAJR masses in asking for your guidence.....

(sounds of slide guitar decrease as I cock my hat, adjust my dungarees and slope off into the sunset with hopes reflected in my springy step.....)Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Crossroads - by troll - 15th April 2011, 09:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Crossroads of Empires" needs experienced field archaeologist BAJR 1 2,098 30th October 2012, 06:23 PM
Last Post: BAJR