Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historic Scottish battlefields to be protected
Its a moot point arguing about nationalities...............were all germans
Well, with a dash of Norse, a smidge of Norman, and a sprinkling of (insert your preferred term for 'Celtic') in proportions of whichever model you subscribe to this week.....

There again, if you go back a bit more, we' re all Africans.
Nice one Invisible.. Smile

AS they say... we're a' Jock Tamsons Bairns.

WE are one big family, and like all families, we often don't get on, but come Christmas... well... thats when we really don't get on :p
the invisible man Wrote:Well, with a dash of Norse, a smidge of Norman, and a sprinkling of (insert your preferred term for 'Celtic') in proportions of whichever model you subscribe to this week.....

There again, if you go back a bit more, we' re all Africans.

Weren't all the normans norse anyway? The norse count as germans in my book..............as for 'celtic'.....bah.....all same stock as the germans

The african thing I find very interesting, the genetics especially..........(of course it wasn't Africa back then) and it dont make us african....just the 'gap' between the common ancestor between us and modern africans is the biggest gap. Presumed to mean that the branch that produced us happen long long ago. The oldest hominid remains coming from africa is (as far as I can remeber) is the only compelling evidence for the 'out of africa theory' (but I'm not fully up to date). But thats based on a few scraps of bone with dodgy dating with large error bars.

I prefer the out of Mars theory

Besides if you go back far enough we are all microbes......

Further.......amino-acids and protien soup...........further than that................

Stardust.
But Alice Roberts (mmmmmmm......) says we all come Africa (in a very complicated, series-long sort of way), that's good enough for me :face-approve:

[even IF my great grandfather came from America...no Afro-Americans comments, please!]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scottish Crannog Centre survey BAJR 1 2,481 13th February 2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: BAJR
  Fine for historic building loss Womble 7 4,849 13th February 2014, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Wax
  Review of Research Framework in the Historic Enviroment BAJR 1 1,796 20th December 2013, 12:44 PM
  The Scottish National Aerial Photography Scheme (SNAPS) John Wells 4 3,492 5th August 2013, 12:47 PM
Last Post: John Wells
  Historic Landscape Information (Country Houses and Formal Gardens) Navajo 3 2,532 2nd August 2013, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Duntrowlin
  Cliffe At Hoo Historic society BAJR 1 1,599 3rd July 2013, 04:08 PM
  THe shape of things to come - Historic Scotland / RCAHMS merger BAJR 1 2,041 9th May 2013, 08:51 AM
  Maney Publishing's Journal of the Month: The Historic Environment BAJR 1 1,649 3rd May 2013, 09:39 AM
  Historic Buildings Workshop, Dunbar, East Lothian BAJR 1 1,599 25th March 2013, 02:35 PM
  Scottish Archaeological Research Framework website BAJR 5 3,278 4th February 2013, 11:12 PM