The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a query about finances
Hi I think I'm posting this in the right section, if not then sorry admin people - I'll make you a cuppa to make up for it if we ever meet ok??? Big Grin

Ok here's my query, I'm a student at present studying bio-archaeology and currently on my placement year. Student Finance in their infinate wisdom have decreed that when you as a student are on placement your not entitled to your full regular student loan, this means myself and other fellow placement students get just short of ?800 though in three installments - August, Jan and Easter.

As you can imagine living on this, being away from home and on placement is very difficult .... does any1 know any like student funding things that can help students on placement in the UK with funds for general living costs please?

Most placements aren't paid and I need weekends free in case my placement wants me to work on a Saturday and Sunday I do volunteer work.

Also I'm in York and free in July and August if any1 has any work over the summer paid or unpaid ... my surveying is a not very good but otherwise happy to try most things but don't drive either.

Thanks people
Smile

Messages In This Thread
a query about finances - by Bonesgirl - 4th February 2012, 02:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degrees, careers and finances Bonesgirl 35 14,196 7th June 2012, 07:48 PM
Last Post: eloeeze
  Equipment query Steve 10 5,832 10th August 2006, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Orkynowot