The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Funniest Context Sheets - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Funniest Context Sheets (/showthread.php?tid=905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Funniest Context Sheets - SteveP - 23rd July 2008

I remember being told by a digger that on a context sheet that required an interpretation of a feature and "supporting evidence", wrote "grave" and "the skeleton at the bottom was a bit of a hint"

Steve

Funniest Context Sheets - BAJR Host - 23rd July 2008

Should be in forensics that one! (or advanced sarcasm!)

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Funniest Context Sheets - Beardstroker - 24th July 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Digitaldigging

I've heard of dinoturbation - it's a palaeontalogical term usually used to describe the churning up of sediments by dinosaur feet. There's a bit more about it in the link below. Humano-turbation is a bit of a cringer though.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B7XNB-4KV2YMG-3&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=f801cae5da0ff32db7fa46c606366c51

I had to laugh at the term "digitiform projections" in the above article. I take it means toes? [hm]

Funniest Context Sheets - Pippyn - 24th July 2008

A possible Neolithc "potato shaped" enclosure - ah training digs...

"Kids, go get a proper job and don't take mine" - Derek Alexander

Funniest Context Sheets - ecmgardner - 4th August 2008

Not exactly from a context sheet but something to lighten the mood on a Monday afternoon:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/01/oldest_joke/

Sumerians cracked world's oldest joke

UKTV has published what it claims to be the world's oldest joke - a Sumerian rib-tickler dating back to 1,900 BC which goes: "Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap."

Yup, they were a laugh a minute, those cheeky Sumerians, and no messing. In second spot we have the equally-hilarious Egyptians, who poked fun at pharoah King Snofru back in 1,600 BC with this cracker: "How do you entertain a bored pharaoh? You sail a boatload of young women dressed only in fishing nets down the Nile and urge the pharaoh to go catch a fish."
Click here to find out more!

Things had improved somewhat by the time the Anglo-Saxons got their act together back in the 10th century and presaged the birth of Carry On by asking: "What hangs at a man's thigh and wants to poke the hole that it's often poked before? Answer: A key."

Paul McDonald, the senior lecturer at Wolverhampton University who dredged up these classics, said: "Jokes have varied over the years, with some taking the question and answer format while others are witty proverbs or riddles. "What they all share however, is a willingness to deal with taboos and a degree of rebellion. Modern puns, Essex girl jokes and toilet humour can all be traced back to the very earliest jokes identified in this research." #174;

Funniest Context Sheets - the invisible man - 4th August 2008

Interesting that the AS joke refers to men wearing keys at their belts.

Funniest Context Sheets - ecmgardner - 4th August 2008

ROFL I must admit that I hadn't thought of that - good point though ;o)

Funniest Context Sheets - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 4th August 2008

To explain mattock damage on finds I once wrote "finds show evidence of post-antiquital damage"![:I]

Funniest Context Sheets - BAJR Host - 4th August 2008

ah... where you been dave... not working I hope... but collecting more fun and frolics from the trenches Smile

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Funniest Context Sheets - mattockman - 5th August 2008

My classic context sheet mistake was one winters day , after working out in the snow I meant to write big ditch. Instead I wrote dig bitch[:I]