The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Funniest Context Sheets - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Funniest Context Sheets (/showthread.php?tid=905)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Funniest Context Sheets - mercenary - 21st April 2008

I knew an Old Lag who excavated his shadow when very hung over. He couldn't figure out why the edges kept moving as the afternoon wore on. Not sure what he wrote on the context sheet.:face-huh:

Funniest Context Sheets - Beasley - 22nd April 2008

One in my top 10 all time favs was in the box Clarity of edge: to which the recorder, who shall remain nameless, wrote 'VERY CLEAR (but hard to see)' I say no more!

Funniest Context Sheets - wombat - 24th April 2008

wow this thread could run and run.

I shall have to have a think about this one, but one that springs to mind, which is perhaps the briefest context sheet i have ever seen, had just a single word - 'fill'.

Genius

Funniest Context Sheets - mercenary - 24th April 2008

Quote:quote:I shall have to have a think about this one, but one that springs to mind, which is perhaps the briefest context sheet i have ever seen, had just a single word - 'fill'.

Perhaps this was an order for the reader to "fill" the rest of the sheet in?

Funniest Context Sheets - m300572 - 24th April 2008

The SMALLEST context I ever recorded was a tiny stake hole with a small nail in it - it was about 15mm across and when planned on a single context sheet looked like a dot (which it was at 1:20) I put a big arrow pointing to it and labelled it as The Context.

Funniest Context Sheets - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 18th May 2008

On a site once due to a breakdown in communication an elongated pit coming out of the section was recorded by three different people,so ended up with three cut sheets in the folder,different context numbers and wildly different descriptions (pit,gully and ditch)???[:I]

Funniest Context Sheets - trowelfodder - 20th May 2008

My fav was when i was a bit a board describing a deposit as "golden brown texture like sand"

And another fav was watching a newbe digging a shallow linear, or more correctly the shadow of a ranging pole id stuck in the ground. I was slighty bemused when she managed to keep spotting more as the sunchanged and we ended up with a beutiful sundail. I eventualy ment over picked the pole up and wandered off leaving her looking very confused. I know i should of done it earlier but was intrested in how she found the sides and base each time!! My bad!!!

Funniest Context Sheets - Beardstroker - 21st May 2008

In the archive of a certain very large and infamous mid 90'excavation in East Anglia, their is a context sheet which in the interpretation box details one of the most magnificent rants I've ever read, about the unit management, the appalling way the site was run, the rottenness of the local pub and even the unsatisfactory nature of the sexual encounter they'd had the night before. Overflowed onto two continuation sheets too,which is something I've never seen for any other context before.

Shame they didn't actually bother to record anything about the nature of the feature. Would have been nice [8D]

Funniest Context Sheets - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 25th May 2008

Several years ago I did a line of post-pits (each was 1m diamx 1.5m deep and 2m apart cut into limestone bedrock)after I did the context sheets I found my interpretation had been changed to tree boles?? never knew we had Baobab trees growing in this country in the Iron age.[?]

Funniest Context Sheets - sarahlouise - 25th May 2008

I had one particular guy on excavation who provides pretty much my entire witty repertoire on crazy context sheets and archaeological methods.

the one that sums him up best however has to be that he left the dig - with some sheets to work on - and posted them to us. One sheet had only this sentence for context description. "A sandy coloured texture" fantastic - if anyone knows what a sandy colour feels like please let me know.

I love deadlines I love the whoosing noise they make as they pass you be! (Douglas Adams)