The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Is there a North-South divide? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Is there a North-South divide? (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Is there a North-South divide? - Hugh - 18th October 2005

I'd like to see training in why environmental issues are important, with a focus on archaeology as one of the more neglected environmental aspects of developments. As far as I know they are only trained in the legal issues of archaeology, rather than why we study archaeology, and why it is important to modern society.

Where?

Is there a North-South divide? - drpeterwardle - 19th October 2005

Troll asked "Can someone tell me who polices planning authorities?"

It is not the planning inspectorate that polices LPA but government and the electorate at both the national and local level.

Is there a North-South divide? - Cautionary Tale - 20th October 2005

Sorry to Dr Pete and Troll for misinformation, misread a previous post.[:I]

(I really have worked in the field)

Is there a North-South divide? - eggbasket - 20th October 2005

Quote:quote:Originally posted by drpeterwardle

Troll asked "Can someone tell me who polices planning authorities?"

It is not the planning inspectorate that polices LPA but government and the electorate at both the national and local level.

So, how precisely do the electorate police the LPAs? In my experience the planners just ride roughshod over the concerns of local citizens, if it suits their purpose.

Cheers,
Eggbasket
Gentleman Adventurer and Antiquarian

Manners maketh the man

Is there a North-South divide? - monitor lizard - 20th October 2005

Eggy,

LPAs have a Planning Committee or similarly named group, who ultimately vote on whether or not to accept the planning officers recommendations, which is made of elected members.

A recent example would be the refusal of the planning application for Stonehenge:

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.5437

It can go both ways.

Cheers,

ML

ML,

I realise that the Planning Committee votes on the issues. However, the mem-sahib and I have stood in front of these committees on a number of occasions and stated our cases to no great effect. My point really is that elected members, once in office, have no real accountability to their electorate until the next election, by which time it is probably too late, although there are some in our local council who wince whenever the see us. I recognise that it can go both ways, but from experience I believe that more often than not little or no account is really taken of the views of the people who are most likely to be affected.

Cheers,
Eggbasket

Manners maketh the man

Is there a North-South divide? - monitor lizard - 20th October 2005

Ah.......sorry if I misunderstood.[:I]

Dunno mate.....political activism...at least some of them are wincing!

good luck

ML

Oh yes, they definitely wince. One of the councillors in particular always looks pained whenever he encounters us! Smile Of course, some of them are just so up their own backsides that they are virtually impervious. Sad

Cheers,
Eggbasket

Manners maketh the man

Is there a North-South divide? - troll - 21st October 2005

Eggy-would`nt like to be on the receivin end either! Is it true that members of the public can stand up and give a 5 min view during planning hearings?Big Grin

Is there a North-South divide? - Curator Kid - 21st October 2005

If you're interested in the planning system and finding out some of the things you can and can't do, the easiest place to start is http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/ . For the appeals process, try http://www.planning-inspectorate.gov.uk .