The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Stonehenge LIVE - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Stonehenge LIVE (/showthread.php?tid=895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Stonehenge LIVE - m300572 - 2nd April 2008

"although I'm afraid that word always makes me think of Hammer-Films-style mobs carrying flaming torches and pointy sticks. Which is not at all appropriate, clearly, I hasten to add."

Except at Whitby Abbey!! Big Grin

Stonehenge LIVE - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 2nd April 2008

I would be surprised if any of the surviving stone circles had anything to do with the late IA druids on the grounds that when the religion was supressed by the romans why would they leave their centres of worship stil standing?after all when they put down the Jewish revolt they destroyed the second Temple of Solomon in A.D.70.
This sugests to me that these monuments were probably just curios in the landscape by the roman period.
What is this "God delusion" book-never heard of it.

Stonehenge LIVE - mercenary - 2nd April 2008

Weegie. You are of course right that our Pagan friends are as much stakeholders in our heritage as anyone, and EH clearly does and should talk to such groups.

With Silbury some in the media seemed to use that dialogue with druids as a stick to beat EH. Can't win eh?

Stonehenge LIVE - Weegie - 3rd April 2008

You might say that, Mercenary. I couldn't possibly comment.

As for my esteemed chum m300572's comment, we never found that we needed pointy sticks at Whitby, not even during goth week.

Stonehenge LIVE - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 4th April 2008

I'm curious as to what is the connection between modern paganism in this country and prehistoric monuments-i thought no one knew what religion was practiced in the neolithic.[?]

Stonehenge LIVE - Weegie - 4th April 2008

This is a good question, DDL, but a curiously irrelevant one. Whatever you or I might think about the phenomenon of modern paganism (which includes a wide range of groups of varying origin, antiquity and beliefs), there is no doubting the strength of their identification with these monuments, or the sincerity of their feelings about them.

Stonehenge LIVE - BAJR Host - 4th April 2008

Actually Weegie has a valid point, whereby a monument can have changing relevance or meaning to groups through time... take even sacrd sites of the past, that change the GOd/goddess but retain the sacred nature.. (look even at the Temple Mount - 3 major religions all assign sacred significance to the same space ) Being of the 'pagan' persausian myself .. a very quiet one who just does his own thing.. I do take places to be sacred, even though I can't carry out the same ceremonies that were once enacted there. The Saxons did it with Burial mounds after all

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Stonehenge LIVE - Smaze - 4th April 2008

Just side tracking the very interesting druid converstation for a mo... i was once allowed to read the will of the gentlman who left the stones in the care and gardainship of the M.O.W, D.O.E AKA EH and in that will he had stated a number of clauses, about right of accses, charging entrance money, plus a few others..all of which have been broken and swept under the carpet by the differant goverment bodies who have been responsible for the site,,, when i pointed this out to a relitivley high up officer of EH i was told "so what he's dead, whats he going to do".... :-(

No Sleep Till Natural.

Stonehenge LIVE - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 5th April 2008

I seem to have caused a bit of misunderstanding with the question (i support the right of every person to enjoy freedom of worship of whatever religion and wherever they feel the need to worship);it was asked out of sheer curiosity due to my own lack of knowledge,after all with knowledge hopefully comes understanding of those who differ in opinions of religion-and with understanding one can feel akin to ALL people on this fair world we call home!Smile

Stonehenge LIVE - BAJR Host - 7th April 2008

has anything happened yet at Stonehenge?

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu