The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Stonehenge LIVE - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Stonehenge LIVE (/showthread.php?tid=895)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Stonehenge LIVE - BAJR Host - 31st March 2008

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/programmes/stonehenge/

had a weird phonecall from the BBC today while working on my own project at Cousland.. we have a 15th century Castle.. they wanted contact details of an "expert on Stonehenge" .. er... right!

Anyway... sorted them out... and if you follow the link above, you can keep up to date with the project..

Timewatch archaeologists are carrying out the first dig for almost half a century inside the stone circle of the world's most famous Neolithic monument.

Their aim is to unearth evidence for a startling new theory - that Stonehenge was built to heal the sick.

Check this site regularly for video updates and breaking news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/programmes/stonehenge/

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Stonehenge LIVE - Gog - 31st March 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

Their aim is to unearth evidence for a startling new theory - that Stonehenge was built to heal the sick.

Khufu

Yawn... I'm sick of Stonehenge. Can't they spend taxpayers money on something more interesting, like your castle?

Stonehenge LIVE - BAJR Host - 1st April 2008

yes please!!!

We have been having some real fun there, uncovering amazing evidence that shows this little village was deep in political intrigue during the 15th and 16th century ... and hope to be able to home in on the room where the confederate lords discussed the fate of MAry Queen of Scots... we did not know we even had a 16th building until recently! And... top that Stonehenge... we have found an unknown red/whiteware pottery, with at least 3 kilns!

I think Stone henge is made of stone... and need a grant to prove it!

Khufu

Stonehenge LIVE - Curator Kid - 1st April 2008

Unsupported crackpot theories make me sick. It doesn't sound like I'd get [u]those</u> cured at Stonehenge. [xx(]

Stonehenge LIVE - m300572 - 1st April 2008

I think Stone henge is made of stone

Last time I saw it it was made of bamboo canes, woodchip wallpaper and duck tape!

Stonehenge LIVE - Oxbeast - 1st April 2008

I don't get it. How does trying to date the bluestones have any bearing on their theory of the site being a 'place of healing'? I'm all for dating that phase of the monument, but it won't help anyone's pet theory, regardless of how good the soundbites are.

Incidentally, I visited Stonehenge last weekend for the first time in about 18 years. Has anyone else noticed that it seems to be right ona really busy main road? I'm sure it used to be in the middle of nowhere...

Stonehenge LIVE - historic building - 1st April 2008

I have not seen South Park in a while but a Cartman phrase does come to mind...

I think stonehenge has now officially replaced the templars as having the most crack-pot theories. If the dig is after getting material for a C14 date then why is this material not in an archive? I assume they are after stratified C14able material so they can do complex statistics on it. Why this has to be hung on the 'healing' theory.

Stonehenge LIVE - m300572 - 1st April 2008

HB, Stonehenge, I believe, has ALWAYS been No 1 in the lunatic fringe theory stakes. The Templars came up fast on the outside in recent years (post- Holy Blood and Holy Grail, latterly spurred on by Dan Brown's epic prose) and as a result of media interest gained a lot of ground - Stonehenge will now take its rightful place a nose ahaed as we enter the last few furlongs.

I'm sure I heard St Geoff of the Wainright say that the Druids had held a ceremony before the digging started and that was BEFORE April 1st.

Stonehenge LIVE - Curator Kid - 1st April 2008

I too heard that the Druids were allowed to conduct a ceremony there before digging started. I believe they "consecrated the excavation" In the interests of equality, presumably they let all the other legitimate religious groups that have a vested interest in Stonehenge hold ceremonies there too. Like the Scientologists, Moonies, Branch Davidians, etc. etc. :face-huh:

Stonehenge LIVE - historic building - 1st April 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Curator Kid

I too heard that the Druids were allowed to conduct a ceremony there before digging started. I believe they "consecrated the excavation" In the interests of equality, presumably they let all the other legitimate religious groups that have a vested interest in Stonehenge hold ceremonies there too. Like the Scientologists, Moonies, Branch Davidians, etc. etc. :face-huh:

Sod that lets send in the Church of England to do it next time and really wind everyone up.