The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
what it says on the tin - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: what it says on the tin (/showthread.php?tid=882)

Pages: 1 2 3

what it says on the tin - Unitof1 - 24th March 2008

Are they professional archaeologists or is that the public accessing archaeology

http://www.dighungate.com/

(are there council pension schemes involved?)

what it says on the tin - BAJR Host - 24th March 2008

A brilliant project.. and I doubt if council pension schemes are involved... given that YAT is not a council unit.

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

I am not surprised that you doubt but as a rule anything with the word trust or charity init has a merky pension underbelly, this one seems to blend in a Universities Superannuation Scheme with a
Local Government Pension Scheme, administered by North
Yorkshire County Council. The Local Government Pension Scheme is a defined benefit scheme
based on final pensionable salary. ?In summary the actuarial information indicates that there was a
deficit in the Pension Fund at 31 March 2007 of ? 160,000 (2006 ? 192,000)?

don?t know what the diggers-public is on

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/ScannedAccounts%5CEnds60%5C0000509060_ac_20070331_e_c.pdf

And the point being??

If you have a specific point about pensions, please keep them on a single named thread... not on every other thread. If you have anything to say... remember the AUP. Do not make defamatory statements about individuals or groups.... which I am sure you would not.

Make yer point..

Khufu

Sorry I suppose that I am prone to losing the tread. as council tax payer (it just gone up again)I could be saying give me a council pension and I can give you community archaeology or are faceless archaeology entities undermining the bargaining position of archaeologists and diggers and what is fair compertition

You are however in a position to create your own pension... its all in the charge out rate.. innit?

As a council arcaheologist I am on ?x per year.. as a Contractor I charge myself out and more than ?x per year as I am covering insurance, pension (aye right) tools, office space, etc........ so why you feel that a council unit... which YAT are clearly not... are not entitled to pension rights is beyond me... if you charge ourself out properly that is.

Which I am sure you do... or are you cheap-skating to win contracts? They have the same costs as you (so to speak) yes Charities get tax breaks... BUT... they do have to carry out non profit activities... etc etc... SO choose your path... the end result is much the same.

Khufu

just what is a non profit activity that a digger has to do or do you mean doing archaeology to show that you are a non profit making organisation even though you are getting a pension out of it because your ilk think that archaeology is a charity game and should be nationalised and spunge off parts of eduaction budgets and do it by exploiting the diggers copyright. all these charities are full on commercial units and they massively distort the market particularly in the counties that they operate in. Anybody working for them is saying that archaeology is a charity

cat are getting council pensions? is this something that they pay fully for or is it a subsidy. Private industry gave up final salary pensions a long time ago.

The end result is not the same

Quote:quote:even though you are getting a pension out of it because your ilk think that archaeology is a charity game and should be nationalised and spunge off parts of eduaction budgets and do it by exploiting the diggers copyright.

Serious allegations... You seem to be saying that 'my ilk' have no rights to a pension, because you don't .. hmmm.. You perhaps don't understand the concept of public bodies, the services offered, and the conditions of employment?

and that 'my ilk' am milking public funds and exploiting diggers...

Thats quite a bitter comment.. its a point of view, certainly, but does it have any basis in anything other than your perception?

Khufu

what it says on the tin - Unitof1 - 25th March 2008

I have to admit that it is based in my perception of charity commission accounts, accounts which I might have been reading because I as a lowly outcast capitalist pig have thought that maybe if you cant beat them join them whats init for me how do you set one up, how little, what is, education do you have to do to get away with it etc and came across the council/university pension thingies which it appears that only a few top people in these organisations actually get, presumably the permanent, permanent staff-so how do they cower the rest and under the umbrella of for the good of education. Whats the chances that I could divert those funds in my direction?

I can also be accused of ilking it as I might have cast the net a bit too far to have caught such a rare beastly such as you hosty and humbly would like to return you to the pond under the exceptional regulation that you are not in the charity trust scam windmill at which I was tilting but that you are clearly a civil servant for part of the week and should enjoy the full remuneration to which it is entitled. Except, beady eyes narrowing, I should go and check whether there is a council pension ?trust? thingy going on in your neck of the woods and the distinction between poacher and gamekeeper will blurr.

Apparently in the other part of the week you are able to compete on price, presumably including a pension clause for jobs where the planning authorities have somehow from ppg16 been able to include the provision of ?educational officers? in the brief.

Whenever was there a time when I wished that I had gone to school in Monkton (and with a name like that worth an extra 20% on any brief).

From the cat website

Quote:quoteBig Grino you go to a school in or near Monkton? Write and tell Marion about any archaeology things you've done in school, at home or out and about. We can put your news on this website!

Would I get shot if I tried this as part of my product at what point would I be accused of exploitation? Nasty archaeologist working for nasty developer (and biased curator) exploits childrens interest in archaeology to win control of hearts and minds?

And another thing surely its one continuous plateau. 7 in 90 hectors, the geography teacher at monkton school must be pulling hair out

what it says on the tin - BAJR Host - 25th March 2008

You should try doing it... as you will then find that there is more to life than money.. (or pensions) it may be a shock, but archaeology is about people and their enjoyment of it Smile

Khufu