The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation (/showthread.php?tid=861)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - BAJR Host - 7th March 2008

I am emailing this document to 182 contractors over the next few days for comment... this is NOT a demand... it is BAJRs realistic assesment and suggestions.

I am open to comment, correction and disagreement...

What we do need for April... and nobody else seems to be doing this so ... er.... ere we go.!

Benchmarking is NOT taken into account... as it will be a year before the results can be considered .. however it is heartening that some contractors are putting wages up to reflect skill - and I thank you. We all have to remember that to deserve pay... people have to have the skill!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2234404/BAJR-Payscales-2008-2009

comments welcome.. and my skin is as thick as a rhino!

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - drpeterwardle - 9th March 2008

If I had seen the document I would be able to comment. (For some reason I cant download it and I have not been emailed it). About B****** Time.

1. Its too late to implement.
2. There are two things to consider the amount for inflation and the amount which is an actual increase.

Peter

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - BAJR Host - 9th March 2008

You should be getting it in a few hours time!............. so much to do.........so little time!

I had hoped to add in stuff about the Benchmarking ... so held off... but... sadly.... the Benchmarking is still in draft form!

The increase is (at the moment.. ) 2.5% based on what is kicking about just now, and last years rise...

Khufu

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - trowelfodder - 9th March 2008

All looks good but the tick box to agree to backpay seems to offer a get out of jail free card to units - surely they should not simply be able to opt out! It seems very unfair on staff and where does it leave existing staff if they leave a unit?

I do understand you are in a difficult position but it seems that there is very little movement in real terms on this issue

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - BAJR Host - 9th March 2008

I can't tell people what to do... I can ask.... however it is quite bold to say... Will you pay backpay or not...

then when the backpay comes through, they are bound to what was agreed to. previously, this was not the case... AND if they will not agree to backpay after an employee leaves... then the job-seeker knows... before they even apply.

Khufu

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - drpeterwardle - 10th March 2008

OK I've now seen the recommendations which in a nut shell are

2.5% increase in pay
4 days increase in holiday

Also mentioned the standard working week of 37.5 hours with no mention of tea breaks which in fact equates to a real 35 hour week.

I think it is daft to increase holiday at the expense of pay.

What are the increase in the amounts to be paid in liew of holiday, sickness and pension?

No I will not be implementing the BAJR recommendations.

Peter

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - Noddy - 10th March 2008

oops admin can you delete this post

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - Noddy - 10th March 2008

Quote:quote:
"Some employers and employment agencies may say your hourly rate of pay includes an amount for holiday pay, and they expect you to save part of your pay to cover your hoildays. This is known as 'rolled up' holiday pay. Rolled up holiday pay is against the law"

If this is true why are there units that still get away with it? What is the difference between this and being paid in lieu?

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - Oxbeast - 10th March 2008

Nothing, as far as I can see, Noddy. Giving people extra money so that you don't have to give them holidays is 'rolled up holidays', and is illegal.

Overall, the document is pretty good. 2.5% is pretty much in line with last year's local giovernment deal. I'd like to see definitions of overtime added, though, like time and a half during the week, double time at weekends. I've seen contracts where these terms were not defined, and the amount of overtime that you got would depend on the client.

BAJR payscales 08/09 consultation - BAJR Host - 10th March 2008

Fortunately Peter already pays nicely above... Smile

the 24 days holiday thing is law now...

and point taken about overtime... thanks.

Khufu