The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Unit of One - will he ever go away? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Unit of One - will he ever go away? (/showthread.php?tid=785)

Pages: 1 2

Unit of One - will he ever go away? - gumbo - 17th January 2008

This is fantastic. More please!

Unit of One - will he ever go away? - drpeterwardle - 17th January 2008

Unit it of one said;

"Anyway I am currently trying to fill in my self-assessment for 2006-2007. I have until the 31st this month to work out and stump up out of cash flow the tax on my ill-gotten gains"

I can be self righteous about this form not in but not a problem. No holidays cannot be claimed. Given the amount I had to pay today for the tax on my staff, as I do everymonth, my own bill is neither here nor there, in comparison.

There are pluses and minuses from self employment to my mind ...

Peter

Unit of One - will he ever go away? - Curator Kid - 17th January 2008

After having done it for six months, I came to the conclusion that the worst aspect of self-employment was what happened after you gave it up. It takes years to convince the tax office that you're no longer self employed, and in the meantime they pursue and harrass you for money at every given opportunity. Sad

Unit of One - will he ever go away? - Unitof1 - 17th January 2008

Quote:quote: After having done it for six months, I came to the conclusion that the worst aspect of self-employment was what happened after you gave it up.

It is this type of insight that sets us archaeologists apart. I take my hat off to your fortitude and deplore the torture that you suffered to get out of the predicament which is self-employment. It is examples like this which further bring the state of self-employment into disrepute. I cannot begin to describe what can only be called ritual abuse of the state of self-employment let alone being an archaeologist. Imagine being a digger and then X 10. I find myself now unable to go back to humanity.

Did you for instance have to admit to the taxman to hearing the voice before you started?