The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Training in Archaeology:Workplace Learning Bursary - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Training in Archaeology:Workplace Learning Bursary (/showthread.php?tid=73)

Training in Archaeology:Workplace Learning Bursary - archae_logical - 11th January 2006

Quote:quote:Originally posted by disheartened

http://www.archaeologists.net/modules/icontent/index.php?page=156

A placements scheme set up by the I.F.A.

Discuss! Big Grin

To discuss one first has to read, but the link times out Sad

E

Training in Archaeology:Workplace Learning Bursary - disheartened - 12th January 2006

does it? oops. did check before i posted it and it worked fine for me...[?]

Long way around to get to it is through the training page of the IFA website, and click on the bursaries link at the top of the page.

Don't think it has been discussed on here before (tho I could be wrong) but what it appears to be is an IFA sponsored training scheme. The IFA have applied for funding to provide workplace bursaries - paid placements - in conjunction with various organisations. I can't quite remember, but was there an ad for this scheme on the jobs page before Christmas?

Training in Archaeology:Workplace Learning Bursary - star-nosed mole - 12th January 2006

Think that was a bit different - the one advertised before xmas was for year-long EH placements being trained on the job. Although that's partly supported by the IFA this one seems to be a new initiative to provide money (not actual placements) to people who want to do these kind of placements?

...correct me if I'm wrong!

Training in Archaeology:Workplace Learning Bursary - kevin wooldridge - 12th January 2006

Quote:quote:Originally posted by star-nosed mole
... this one seems to be a new initiative to provide money (not actual placements) to people who want to do these kind of placements?
...correct me if I'm wrong!

The small print...Kate Geary's draft document (dating from April 2005) indicates that the IFA scheme will be reliant on organisations providing placement opportunities and that the IFA bursary will be at a level equivalant to the existing salary for the post. I don't think that you get the money and then find somewhere to spend it. (I might be wrong there though).

If the funding proposal for this scheme is successful, I would be interested in what types of work attract the bursary. I am guessing (hoping!) that it will be a scheme that enhances the training that the employing organisation would be providing anyway and not just a scheme to get a subsidised 'excavator/technician' for a year. Kate is at pains to point out that the IFA scheme will not clash with existing undergraduate/post graduate placements provided by universities or by EH (which does suggest there may be the chance for some creative thinking by potential bursarers).