The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style (/showthread.php?tid=611)

Pages: 1 2 3

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - BAJR Host - 5th July 2007

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6271800.stm

[Image: 1.jpg]

18th Century features such as six-panel doors, moulded architraves, plaster cornices, marble fireplaces and tall sash windows had been ripped out.

Mr Hazell had demolished outbuildings at the house, built a large new kitchen extension and had gutted a 16th-Century cottage in the grounds, putting in modern new windows.

read all about it! And weep!

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - the invisible man - 5th July 2007

Staggering. This oaf deserves a custodial sentence. He only got caught because of a tip-off, I'm not sure if that's a little worrying.

Interesting ethical dilemma for his architects, who had infomed him that he required planning, LBC and buidling regs consents (none of which did he trouble the authorities with). No doubt the architects were not engaged for the tender or construction phases, but they probably knew what he was doing or intended to do. Should they have betrayed their client's confidence and informed the authorities? I believe they should.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Curator Kid - 5th July 2007

Everyone knows you can't even sneeze inside a Listed Building without getting permission so it's obvious this was an attempt to get around the law. I agree Mr. Invisible. It's about time people who do this sort of thing really got the book thrown at them.

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - gumbo - 5th July 2007

It'll be interesting to see what the decision is and it needs to be hardline. Basically, if its a limited fine or an order to restore what is left then that would be less hassle (and money) to him than having to have gone through all the correct planning procedures. To be honest Im surprised that more private individuals dont try this sort of thing on.

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Oxbeast - 5th July 2007

I'm sure plenty of people try this sort of thing on. Perhaps a prison term, paying to sort it out (i.e. demolish the extensions, resore as much as possible) AND dock some points from the rugby team. That'll teach him.

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Oxbeast - 5th July 2007

And I bet he only got caught because there's a hill with a footpath where the photograph is taken from. It'll be interesting to see what the Welsh assembly and CADW do. No doubt this is a very powerful family in this part of the world.

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - BAJR Host - 5th July 2007

Its one of those things I falll to my knees and beg people to think.... get heritage proffesionals in right at the strt... and it will save money in the long term... aaaaaaarg!

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Smaze - 8th July 2007

I remember being called to a grade one listed mill building to see the remains of the mill pond and the medieval sluice gear being removed by a JCB, the owner very proudly showing me the remains of the sluice gear in the skip, crushed and broken, but before then sealed under the silt in the pond having survived 600 years quiet happily, he was so proud to tell me how he was going to reinstate the pond, "clay and straw puddle lined" I asked, oh no "concrete" was his reply. photographs and paper records and straight back to the office to make urgent phone calls to the powers that be, shock and horror all-round threats of a court case, major prosecution, after all this mill was in the grounds of a major medieval abbey. Time passed and passed a bit more, I asked my boss's, I was told to forget it... only later I found out the owner was a friend of the chief executive of the national body I worked for...

No Sleep Till Natural.

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Sparky - 8th July 2007

Effing commonly typical. I'm sure this will have a similar outcome.

'I wanna be a punk rocker but my mammy will ne let me'
Campbell

Listed Building - Footballers Wive's style - Oxbeast - 15th October 2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/10/13/nlodge113.xml

Nice to see demolition happy contractors being fined in London, and the architect has to replace the listed buildings as close to the original as possible. Anyone know what happened in this unfortunate Welsh case?