The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Predictions for 2016... - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Predictions for 2016... (/showthread.php?tid=5827)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Predictions for 2016... - BAJR - 24th March 2016

Prediction for 2016...

From April I predict you will see more G2 jobs at 18k plus. as companies vie to attract staff ( remember that salary is only one thing that is a benefit. see holidays, security, pension accommodation on away jobs etc as additional benefits.)
The supervisor and Project Officer is now rarer than a conservative MP in Scotland. So be prepared to see a shift in this place too. If Diggers are on over 18k. then a supervisor ( with the added responsibility should now be looking at 21k plus and a (good) PO would be mad to work for anything less than 26k

Indeed Rubicon and Cotswolds recent adverts show the trend for larger companies to pay more and provide more benefits is not impossible in todays climate. more work... not enough staff....
Rubicon are paying currently £ 21,359 to 23,000 for Supervisor level and £27, 607 to £30,434 for POs

Cotswold's are not far behind with POs getting a raft of benefits and £23,727 - £29,133 Diggers are on £18,147 - £18,709
The poor Project Manager is in a high stress poor return position currently, with the step up of responsibility really needing a larger salary ( believe me... PMs... you may think we were fat arsed desk jockeys. but hells teeth it is a tough life... causing me one nervous breakdown!)

Anyway... will I be right? or wrong? Is this the time.. to push forward?

What do you think

OR will we kick ourselves in the goolies again!

Predictions for 2016... - Crocodile - 25th March 2016

I know several project officers who are on less than you recommend for a supervisor. Jobs were advertised with a broad pay range a few years ago but all were given the minimum. None have been given any subststial increase for last 2 years despite the obvious increase in experience over two years.

Predictions for 2016... - Marc Berger - 25th March 2016

Quote:The supervisor and Project Officer is now rarer
The diggers are rising and demand equality with the self appointed Directors...self assesment required.

Predictions for 2016... - BAJR - 25th March 2016

Somehow I knew you would Crocodile.

One has to say that I don't recommend pay levels any more. I just tell it like it is.

If they have had no rise above minimum for their post, then they should really look at moving to a company that does allow advancement OR discuss terms... .

Headland and AB are two companies looking to hire PO Level People and do have advancement.

As a matter of importance... can you pm me the names of the companies who pay sub 21k for Project Officers. - Not public... but privately...

This is important for me to know and will be confidential

BAJR Wrote:Somehow I knew you would Crocodile.

One has to say that I don't recommend pay levels any more. I just tell it like it is.

If they have had no rise above minimum for their post, then they should really look at moving to a company that does allow advancement OR discuss terms... .

Headland and AB are two companies looking to hire PO Level People and do have advancement.

"Somehow I knew you would"

What does that mean??

Anyway! Yes we can all think about working for someone else but it isn't always that simple, location, length of contract, job security, home and family commitments are all negatimg factors against a move.

I'm hoping that the individuals involved will be talking to the management come April. Will be seeking advice from Prospect.

"What does that mean??" I guess I am used to you being a glass half empty type of person ... However... For you to make a statement such as

"I know several project officers who are on less than you recommend for a supervisor."

This is unsubstantiated, as I am still waiting for you to provide me with the details I requested. Again I stress this would be utterly confidential. But it is crucial I know about these things, so that I am prepared. Here is my email: info@bajr.org if you wish OR contact me via the messaging system,...

Of course nothing is simple... if things were simple, then life would be less troublesome. So... send me the names of the companies, and the rates the POs are getting... and I will be better prepared. please.

I am not a glass half empty person at all

It's not a lie, it doesn't need substantiation. I am making readers aware of poor pay and would be intetested to know if any one else has encountered project officers being paid below 21000.

I don't think the infividuals would want me to involve third parties at this stage hopefully come April they will approach managent as has been suggested with an above board request for a pay rise.

If the outcome is not successful then I am hoping they can be encouraged to involve Prospect or at least seek advice.

I don't remember accusing you of lying... only of making unsubstantiated statements, and being unable to send me any details ...

You are making people aware of something you are unwilling to substantiate... this makes it an unsubstantiated rumour with no facts or checks. The individuals would not be invoking third parties as I would not be doing anything other that being made aware of companies that do this. It is useful to me to know this in my position. However, you are not going to tell me, and I can only conclude that you don't actually have any information to provide. I would not accuse of lying...

If they are involving PROSPECT then they must be members and also the company(ies) must also recognise PROSPECT. and why wait until APRIL? this should be acted on before the new rates are set... negotiations happen before not after the new rates. I would also suggest that the CIfA would be involved, given the company/(ies) must be large enough to have a Union representation, then they will be ROs. CIfA are clamping down on sub grade rates...

So ... meanwhile... talking about the actual first post... I take it you don't think any movement will happen. And that I am wrong or deluded to see this opportunity?

No I think there is plenty of opportunity if you have one of these better paying units within commuting distance or you can relocate, it's a good thing.