The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Burial Licences - New Procedure? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Burial Licences - New Procedure? (/showthread.php?tid=575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Burial Licences - New Procedure? - Sparky - 12th April 2008

Where is reinterrment supposed to occur? Is there a ceremonial rite meant to accompany this based on made-up pagan 'mumbo-jumbo' bearing little semblence to the dead individuals? Will it be a christian rite ditto....

Burial Licences - New Procedure? - Els - 13th April 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Sparky

Where is reinterrment supposed to occur? Is there a ceremonial rite meant to accompany this based on made-up pagan 'mumbo-jumbo' bearing little semblence to the dead individuals? Will it be a christian rite ditto....

As I understand it, these new clarified regulations do not necessarily specify below-ground interrment, but suitable above-ground archiving may also qualify (church ossuary, museum deposition) for MOJ purposes.

Burial Licences - New Procedure? - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 13th April 2008

Where does the law stand on the partial excavating and lifting of bodies,taking part away and leaving the rest in the ground?to me it shows a total lack of respect for someones (supposed) last resting place just because part of the grave lies outside the trench edge.
It should be a case of lifting all the body or none and leaving them in peace.:face-confused:

Burial Licences - New Procedure? - kevin wooldridge - 13th April 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Dirty Dave Lincoln

Where does the law stand on the partial excavating and lifting of bodies,taking part away and leaving the rest in the ground?

I don't think that the law has a position on this matter, but the CofE/EH working party on the treatment of human remains have seen fit to include a page on the subject in their guidance document.

http://www.cofe.anglican.org/about/builtheritage/humanremainsguidance.pdf

Appendix E5 deals with the subject of partial excavation.

To my mind the CofE/EH guidance document is a fantastic resource, irrespective of the latest interpretations of the law and irrespective as to whether burials are of Christian or non-Christian type. (I also think the document deals with the ethics of burial archaeology in a manner that could be easily applied to ethical considerations regarding all our works).

Burial Licences - New Procedure? - Sparky - 13th April 2008

Els wrote:
Quote:quote:As I understand it, these new clarified regulations do not necessarily specify below-ground interrment, but suitable above-ground archiving may also qualify (church ossuary, museum deposition) for MOJ purposes.

I assume then that we can carry on depositing human remains with museums. Well, I hope.

I can't get to grips with pre-historic or Roman remains being deposited in a church ossuary. I'm also of the opinion that the previous system wasn't really broken so why fix it.
[?]

Burial Licences - New Procedure? - Magpie - 1st May 2008

After reading the Mr Hosty's post of 11/4/98 " MINISTRY OF JUSTICE

BURIAL LAW AND ARCHAEOLOGY" I applied for a licence this morning. To my surprise it took just 1 hour from the initial phone call to the Ministry of Justice to getting my emailed copy of the licence.

Well done to the MoJ. They seem to be one ministry that is helping archaeologists.

Magpie