The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
How many hours in your working week? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: How many hours in your working week? (/showthread.php?tid=5724)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How many hours in your working week? - P Prentice - 1st July 2015

How many hours a day/week do you work and is this the same as the number you get paid for?
When most employees in the sector are paid for 37 hours would you consider a job on the same rubbish rate but requiring 40hrs work per week?

How many hours in your working week? - Dinosaur - 1st July 2015

...errr, oh, is my 60 or so all wrong then? :I

How many hours in your working week? - Marc Berger - 1st July 2015

when you are self employed its pretty near impossible to work it out. Sometimes I think its milliseconds and that's when the cheque actually is transferred in to numbers in my account which I then owe to somebody else, other times its years which is when I am waiting for the sods to pay me. You haven't said why you are asking. Have you been asked to reapply for your job after having had a job assessment which down graded the job? Its a common ploy inflicted by the civil service on the public service.

How many hours in your working week? - Dinosaur - 1st July 2015

Any 'normal' diggers out there want to chip in? ...I don't think we're what PP was thinking of Sad

How many hours in your working week? - P Prentice - 2nd July 2015

i,m thinking of you all too often:face-crying:

How many hours in your working week? - P Prentice - 2nd July 2015

Marc Berger Wrote:when you are self employed its pretty near impossible to work it out. Sometimes I think its milliseconds and that's when the cheque actually is transferred in to numbers in my account which I then owe to somebody else, other times its years which is when I am waiting for the sods to pay me. You haven't said why you are asking. Have you been asked to reapply for your job after having had a job assessment which down graded the job? Its a common ploy inflicted by the civil service on the public service.
tra la la. just like you i get paid for the work i do. tra lal la

How many hours in your working week? - Dinosaur - 2nd July 2015

P Prentice Wrote:i,m thinking of you all too often:face-crying:

Surely there are better things to think about? Or are you picking the wrong sun-kissed beaches? Wink

How many hours in your working week? - Sikelgaita - 4th July 2015

Dinosaur Wrote:...errr, oh, is my 60 or so all wrong then? :I

Yes unless you are fully recompensed for those hours.

The provision of free labour supports the exploitation of archaeologists and undervalues the real cost of undertaking a piece of work. An employees love of their job should not be knowingly used by unscrupulous employers to offset costs, however well meaning the employees motivations and their desire to put in the hours to get the work done to a high standard.

How many hours in your working week? - Marc Berger - 6th July 2015

"real cost " but how do you work that out or that is been undervalued? One of the problems that I like to imagine is that is there an economic theory that archaeologists should "believe" in, just for terminology alone? The terms work, job, undervalue require context! I quite like evolutionary theory and so am interested in anything that claims to be evolutionary economics but I screw this up by not believing in the survival of the fittest but defining anything that dies as the weakest which is quite handy as it makes almost everything that ever happened "weak". The Greeks seem to have taken a society based on pensions towards an evolutionary conclusion but I wonder about the evolutionary conclusion on the creditors who funded it and also if they believe in a pension "system". Why I mention pensions is that pensions could be construed as a form of work or as a job and have a real cost or be undervalued. There seems to be regular payments for life that end at the end of life. It does not seem to be to different to a salary that somebody gets for work but it appears that no new work has to be done to receive the payment. I say it does not seem different to a payment for a "job" but I think that it is almost more definable than a payment for a job. eg if you are paid to work for an eight hour day can you go after work and work for the competition or yourself? If you are paid to watch a foundation being cut for eight hours but spend half of the time on the phone organising another job should you charge more or less.

Anyway could go on for ever, looking through wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_economics I never realised that the Germans used the same word for development and evolution. In terms of survival of the fittest/death of the weakest I find that bloody odd. Did the Germans on first reading Darwins the Origin of Species go "Jar this is development for sure". Just how do the Germans look at a development and see evolution, god knows what they think of Development Control, probably the same as me. By the way the Greeks seem to have different words for development and evolution. The Germans aren't going to like that. Come on Greece time to start printing Euros that whats fiat money is for.

How many hours in your working week? - Dinosaur - 8th July 2015

Sikelgaita Wrote:Yes unless you are fully recompensed for those hours.

Price of a useable second hand car above basic on my last P60 thanks Smile