The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. (/showthread.php?tid=5278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - Marc Berger - 9th May 2014

Must admit I am struggling to find time. Was considering the following sections

1. To be a self employed archaeologist you have to have a degree in archaeology preferably a science one.
2. Alternatively you could get a job with a unit and learn how to dig but you may find it hard to get work in Europe.
3. Alternatively you can volunteer which might restrict you regionally.
4. Ring up your local tax office or go on line and tell them that you are self employed. You don't have to say that you are an archaeologist as they don't know if its a product or a service that you are offering. They are just trying to tax all your invoices and don't really care how you got them but that you tell about them all about them. They particularly don't care if you have no holiday money, sickness money, maternity money, redundancy money or anything that remotely looks like a employee right like losing the contract unfairly.
5Products and services have legitimate expenses.
6 Find work. That includes voluntary.

you could change the order of some of these steps. For instance become self employed before undertaking the degree.

by the way this is all draft, just shaking the bush so to speak, boss

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - BAJR - 9th May 2014

Was hoping you could do better than that... as it is not looking that helpful or comprehensive just now. I had hoped that as you have been pondering this for so long, you would have a clearer idea.

Anyways... I realise you are busy. So I guess you won't be able to create this guide. Until then, people will just have to get along with the guides mentioned previously.

Thank you for considering this public service.

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - Marc Berger - 9th May 2014

Have faith my friend, I might also get a guide out on a grotty thing called trencharch. It stinks.

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - BAJR - 9th May 2014

Do hope so.

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - barkingdigger - 12th May 2014

Am I the only one confused by this new definition of "Archaeologist" that suddenly requires a degree - preferably a science one? There are many well-established and respected archaeologists with no graduate-level education in the subject...

And I'm happy to leave the definition of acceptable "Self-Employed" status to the only folks that matter - HMRC.

Like the bumble bee, I'll carry on regardless!

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - Marc Berger - 12th May 2014

I expect that you are in the majority. We Bumble on

Nudge in the direction for the definition of a selfemployed archaeologist. - Marc Berger - 30th May 2014

hello hosty
how is it hanging?