The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record (/showthread.php?tid=5273)

Pages: 1 2

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - Marc Berger - 11th April 2014

One of the problems in this country is that a lot of "archaeology" grants will not fund individual archaeologists. The only way that archaeologist can get funding is by creating projects that get the community involved which is mostly how all public money "works". I think that all this co-creation is American archaeologists kicking this problem around. The Americans have principles of level playing fields that we can only dream about. Unfortunately it seems to involve the right to bare arms which is a principle that I will never understand. For a start when they wrote that right, the arms in question were smooth bore breach muskets which at best kept the Indians with bow and arrows the other side of a stockade.

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - barkingdigger - 12th April 2014

Indeed - community involvement has been the flavour of the last decade.

But the Constitution was victim of a typo - Jefferson really meant to write "the right to arm bears..."

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - Jack - 14th April 2014

barkingdigger Wrote:Indeed - community involvement has been the flavour of the last decade.

But the Constitution was victim of a typo - Jefferson really meant to write "the right to arm bears..."

Grin, or was it the right to roll up your sleeves}Smile

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - BAJR - 16th April 2014

Thanks for the comments...

and yes I think the issues can be farting about with carefully worded co-curation and co production within a disadvantaged staeholder community., looking at an arts based way to realise our potential to invoke heritage heroics and ..........blah

As Marc said.. I would quite like to see funded archaeologists... however, I am doing a cunning thing soon. setting up a local group of people who can be trained, and set out to support local societies community groups etc to either set up their own projects. or help in a project with expertise or help create opportunities for projects. Training... Skills and Fun!

co...curate that

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - kevin wooldridge - 18th April 2014

BAJR Wrote:I would quite like to see funded archaeologists... however, I am doing a cunning thing soon. setting up a local group of people who can be trained, and set out to support local societies community groups etc to either set up their own projects. or help in a project with expertise or help create opportunities for projects. Training... Skills and Fun!
That sounds a fine idea David and I won't press you on the finer details...but in general principle would you see the 'support team' as being paid, expenses only or entirely voluntary? I think all three alternatives have some merits although I am conscious that all could be opposed by elements of our profession for a multitude of reasons. I think especially for those of us in twilight of our careers with lots of experience to pass on, your idea could be a great initiative.....

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - Marc Berger - 21st April 2014

"twilight of our careers" are we talking topping up the early retirement plan or working until you drop.

Co-Creation, the Public, and the Archaeological Record - Boxoffrogs - 22nd April 2014

Ummm...I am just about to step into the big USA on a permanent basis...Does this mean I may have a chance at becoming a valid archaeologist in the deep south?