The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution (/showthread.php?tid=5205)

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - BAJR - 17th January 2014

http://www.gislounge.com/lidar-archaeology-revolution/

There is no doubt that remote sensing technology has created a dramatic shift in the past few years concerning how scientists and researchers gather and analyze information about the Earth. Remote sensing, the use of satellites or aircraft to gather data about objects from a distance, has an almost infinite number of applications. This kind of technology has been used to monitor the environment, map the ocean, explore the Polar Regions, and much more. Now, a form of remote sensing technology called LiDAR is being used to lead a revolution in archaeology transforming how scientists understand human activity of the past.
Changes in how archaeologists study the past are being brought about by advances in LiDAR technology. LiDAR, which stands for Light Detection and Ranging, is a method of remote sensing that uses light to measure varying distances to the Earth. This light is in the form of a pulsated laser, and these pulses can be used to produce exact data about the characteristics of Earth’s surface. LiDAR instruments are made up mainly of a laser, a special GPS receiver, and a scanner typically attached to an airplane or helicopter for use over a wide area.

Read on: http://www.gislounge.com/lidar-archaeology-revolution/
[h=1][Image: 600x363xlidar-archaeology.png.pagespeed....N5AAVQ.jpg][/h]

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - John Wells - 18th January 2014

Low cost thermal imaging will eventually become part of The Revolution too:
http://blog.ivytools.com/2014/01/08/hands-on-review-flir-one-iphone-infrared-camera/
http://www.medgadget.com/2014/01/flir-one-an-iphone-infrared-thermal-imager.html
http://www.flir.com/cvs/cores/view/?id=62648

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - Dinosaur - 19th January 2014

My experience has mainly been that, even where LiDAR coverage exists (in one case actually done as part of an archaeological project paid for by the taxpayer) no ****er will hand it over or allow it to be reproduced without prohibitive charges Sad

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - kevin wooldridge - 19th January 2014

Dinosaur Wrote:My experience has mainly been that, even where LiDAR coverage exists (in one case actually done as part of an archaeological project paid for by the taxpayer) no ****er will hand it over or allow it to be reproduced without prohibitive charges Sad
The Environment Agency web site allows me to download LIDAR data, between 0.25m to 2m resolution, for my Community archaeology groups use or for my academic studies, totally free of charge. Its a great asset for students and local groups and surely only right that commercial organisations should pay.....

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - P Prentice - 20th January 2014

Dinosaur Wrote:My experience has mainly been that, even where LiDAR coverage exists (in one case actually done as part of an archaeological project paid for by the taxpayer) no ****er will hand it over or allow it to be reproduced without prohibitive charges Sad
charges are pretty cheap - £30-£40 per tile

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - Dinosaur - 21st January 2014

kevin wooldridge Wrote:The Environment Agency web site allows me to download LIDAR data, between 0.25m to 2m resolution, for my Community archaeology groups use or for my academic studies, totally free of charge. Its a great asset for students and local groups and surely only right that commercial organisations should pay.....

Where there's coverage! Current linear scheme has coverage to either side but we seem to be running up the slot in between Sad

People sit on their lidar same way as they sit on their geofiz data, you can see the massaged end results but not access the data [all I want is a single vertical slice to extend an excavated section into landscape profile - will be able to ride my flying pig under a blue moon to collect it I suppose SadSad [yes, I am aware that blue moons do occur, before any wit chips in...]

LiDAR and the Archaeology Revolution - Jack - 22nd January 2014

I look forward to the days of a lidar google earth layer to go with my growing collection of useful layers.