The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Health and Archaeology - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Health and Archaeology (/showthread.php?tid=5166)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Health and Archaeology - Wax - 10th December 2013

I have been a non smoker all my life but this is mainly because I was asthmatic. When I took up archaeology the pull of the social fag was alomost iresistible. Fortunately I did not succumb, as I get older the number of my contemporaries and those slightly older who have been taken by lung cancer is ever increasing. Of family and friends who have gone cancer has been the biggest killer with lung cancer outrunning all the others. It's pretty depressing. I think I'd better take up kite flying (a non archaeologist friend of mine went to one of John's talks and was very impressed by it)Smile

Health and Archaeology - Keaya - 12th December 2013

Safety hazards in the field include dangers related to the use of heavy equipment (particularly backhoes), the use of power and hand tools, work in trenches and excavations (including encounters with underground utilities), underwater work and the use of boats, work along transects and on steep slopes, and work in inclement weather.

Health and Archaeology - Dinosaur - 16th December 2013

100% smoking workforce where I was last week. One of those does, in fact, own an E-fag, but seems to have gone back to rollies so high-tech may not be the solution? Are E-fags waterproof? And how long does one last between charges?

Health and Archaeology - John Wells - 16th December 2013

Lung Cancer statistics: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-help/type/lung-cancer/?gclid=CKrkkc7xtLsCFafnwgodRB4ASg

Health and Archaeology - Mike.T. - 20th December 2013

kevin wooldridge Wrote:Yet to see an archaeologist smoking an I-fag by the way, but its probably only a matter of time.....

Seen quite a few archaeologists smoking them. They usually go back to the real thing after about 2 days.

Of course back in the 1980's smoking on site was compulsory, as was going to the pub at lunchtime and returning to work having had a skinful.

How times have changed ....

Health and Archaeology - kevin wooldridge - 20th December 2013

Actually saw a few folk at TAG conference smoking these things....decided at least one was a student so not sure if that is just a phase they are going through....

Health and Archaeology - cosmin - 21st December 2013

Of course it can be hazardous to your health: Nazis shooting, rolling boulders, crazy murderous locals, snake pits, booby traps and all that... Serious question: Have there been cases of actual booby traps found or even functioning booby traps?

Health and Archaeology - Dinosaur - 23rd December 2013

What, like the steel grid pin located in the bottom of a water-filled feature that went through my welly a few years back? Yeah, sure, sites are covered in booby traps, its what you do when the archaeology's boring/absent }Smile

Health and Archaeology - John Wells - 25th December 2013

Has anyone encountered any eczema-like skin conditions associated with working on sites?

Health and Archaeology - Dinosaur - 27th December 2013

Suspect that people with such complaints rapidly find another line of work? Like people prone to infected cuts?