The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
The next question: recording - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The next question: recording (/showthread.php?tid=5111)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

The next question: recording - BAJR - 4th November 2013

Quote:i fully expect, and hope, that there will be chartered diggers.
pass me my laughing corset,... I may split my sides.

I look forward to Kevs review ( good session and good to see others as well) I will have to write up my paper... yipes. which does actually descend into a belly laugh at teh pomposity of some temporal contamination engineers... whose cpntribution to life is an empty hole.. oh and fishbones. as we pursue chartered status with gusto, with ( and this truely was a shock) no idea how to actually implement it if achieved.. ( I had to tie my jaw up for that) we miss the point... we are bards , telling the story of the past ( a version at least - bound up in data... plucked from the ground... and who to tell it too? We want to be big boys, but forget who we really need to support us. the public... we want to sit with teh suits and the hats... but our view of ourselves is confused, baffled and problematic.

I am important cos I say I am... oh puleees!

there was so many if.s buts and it would be good ifs that I lost count...

It would be good if I was given a million. but saying it don't make it so.

Promote archaeology to developers in their magazines and publications
Promote the story and narrative to the public in well written and jargon free news articles
Explain ourselves and make our role clear
Realise that Temporal Contamination Removal and Research Archaeology are different beasts
Stop looking for the magic wand that will somehow cure our ills. we could raise wages now... we don't have to justify to ourselves. we have to justify to the people who pay for it
Invovle the public more - open up... smile a bit...

oh... and be nice to each other

archaeology is important, but only to those that think it is

we need more people who think it is

The next question: recording - P Prentice - 5th November 2013

archaeology will always be more than fishbone diplomacy your bajrness

The next question: recording - Dinosaur - 5th November 2013

Apparently (according to the NE Research Framework anyway) we have a shortage of fishbone enthusiasts, maybe Tool should be looking at that as a nice warm indoors career for when his knees go?

The next question: recording - GnomeKing - 5th November 2013

BAJR Wrote:... we want to sit with the suits and the hats... but our view of ourselves is confused, baffled and problematic.

archaeology is important, but only to those that think it is .

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/scrap-the-gagging-law

here

The next question: recording - P Prentice - 5th November 2013

Dinosaur Wrote:Apparently (according to the NE Research Framework anyway) we have a shortage of fishbone enthusiasts, maybe Tool should be looking at that as a nice warm indoors career for when his knees go?
precisely - retiring at 70 without a pension should scare the s**t out of all fit only for fieldwork

The next question: recording - Tool - 6th November 2013

Lack of pension isn't unique to archaeology. Trust me on that one! And it ain't the knees that are the problem... But forgive me for being thick, but I still can't see how being chartered could possibly help. Given that the industry I've come from has chartered architects, surveyors, electricians and anyone else you could dream of, yet still have a knackered body, no pension, and possibly more importantly shite buildings... I'll reiterate: having a bunch of people who don't know shit from shoeshine telling the world (at a price) that you fit into their narrow, corrupt and/or deluded view of 'their' industry means naff-all if you actually give a monkies about the job. It is a situation for which the terms 'ivory towers' or 'easy money' were made for, depending on your point of view.

The next question: recording - Wax - 6th November 2013

Tool Wrote:I'll reiterate: having a bunch of people who don't know shit from shoeshine telling the world (at a price) that you fit into their narrow, corrupt and/or deluded view of 'their' industry means naff-all if you actually give a monkies about the job. It is a situation for which the terms 'ivory towers' or 'easy money' were made for, depending on your point of view.
Nicely put Mr T}Smile

The next question: recording - P Prentice - 6th November 2013

Tool Wrote:Lack of pension isn't unique to archaeology. Trust me on that one! And it ain't the knees that are the problem... But forgive me for being thick, but I still can't see how being chartered could possibly help. Given that the industry I've come from has chartered architects, surveyors, electricians and anyone else you could dream of, yet still have a knackered body, no pension, and possibly more importantly shite buildings... I'll reiterate: having a bunch of people who don't know shit from shoeshine telling the world (at a price) that you fit into their narrow, corrupt and/or deluded view of 'their' industry means naff-all if you actually give a monkies about the job. It is a situation for which the terms 'ivory towers' or 'easy money' were made for, depending on your point of view.
just curious, but why are you basing your opinion on the premise that those ‘that tell the world’ don’t know shit from shoeshine and they are corrupt and/or deluded? I was under the impression that this was your first job in this industry – no? and who do you think actually gives a monkies about the job if not your current employer?

The next question: recording - Dinosaur - 6th November 2013

Maybe he's just using a crystal ball to see ahead?

The next question: recording - P Prentice - 6th November 2013

recording should be easy then