The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Community Archaeology Survey - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Community Archaeology Survey (/showthread.php?tid=5084)

Pages: 1 2

Community Archaeology Survey - Doug - 6th October 2013

A student from Aberdeen asked me to help distribute their survey on Community Archaeology. If you have a spare minute can you help them out and fill out the survey.

Cheers

Doug

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=4bccdpz8i4m20wn324758

Community Archaeology Survey - Unitof1 - 7th October 2013

I thought about filling it in but its a bit of a mess and I couldn't understand who qualified as a professional archaeologist

if they are going to make up the answers that they want did you point them in this direction

http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/showthread.php?7342-Challenges-in-conducting-public-engagement-in-commercial-archaeology-in-the-UK

Community Archaeology Survey - Gilraen - 7th October 2013

It seems to be aimed at both the volunteers and professional archaeologists, would be better to maybe have two separate surveys.

Community Archaeology Survey - P Prentice - 7th October 2013

Gilraen Wrote:It seems to be aimed at both the volunteers and professional archaeologists, would be better to maybe have two separate surveys.
agreed - some of the questions need work

Community Archaeology Survey - BAJR - 8th October 2013

I did manage to do it. I just took the last project I had done. and answered the best I could under the questions asked.

Perhaps we should start offering a service. ... survey questions - r - us
Survey questions checked and altered for a donation to charity Wink

Community Archaeology Survey - Jack - 8th October 2013

What's a community archaeological project/ community-based archaeological dig?

I've worked alongside volunteers and/or students who paid to work on a dig. But I wouldn't describe any as community-based.

Am I missing something, or is it just a form of dig that I have yet to experience?

Community Archaeology Survey - Tool - 8th October 2013

Jack Wrote:What's a community archaeological project/ community-based archaeological dig?

The three I've been involved with, two were initiated by societies, one by (I think), or at least in conjunction with, a county council archaeology service. All were funded by HLF grants. All were also with the guidance of their respective county council archaeology services. They are, as the name suggests, aimed at answering questions specific to a particular geographic community. All were free to attend. Welcome Jack to the School of Tool... Wink

Community Archaeology Survey - Jack - 9th October 2013

Tool Wrote:The three I've been involved with, two were initiated by societies, one by (I think), or at least in conjunction with, a county council archaeology service. All were funded by HLF grants. All were also with the guidance of their respective county council archaeology services. They are, as the name suggests, aimed at answering questions specific to a particular geographic community. All were free to attend. Welcome Jack to the School of Tool... Wink

Grin.
So is the survey just aimed at these types of digs then? And not other situations where people are volunteering?

I was left unclear by the opening statement...

"This is a survey on community archaeology projects in the UK. It is designed to assess how effectively professional archaeologists work alongside volunteers from the community on archaeological projects. The survey also aims to generate demographic information about the people who are working as volunteers on archaeological projects....."

Community Archaeology Survey - Doug - 9th October 2013

I would just add what I said on Britarch- it is done by an undergradaute. It is probably the first survey they have made and it will be rough around the edges.

Probably should have said that when I posted the link.

Community Archaeology Survey - Tool - 9th October 2013

Doug Wrote:I would just add what I said on Britarch- it is done by an undergradaute. It is probably the first survey they have made and it will be rough around the edges.

Probably should have said that when I posted the link.
If nowt else they'll learn just how difficult it is to ask the right questions without ambiguity, without introducing bias, without annoying the respondents, but still managing to gain the data wanted. The person posing the questions knows what they mean, but what is meant and what the words actually say are often two different things. I'll confess that the moment I have to try and guess what a survey is really asking me I give up.