The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
The School of Jack Yr2 - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The School of Jack Yr2 (/showthread.php?tid=5079)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The School of Jack Yr2 - Seedy Girl - 30th September 2013

kevin wooldridge Wrote:Isn't it normal to have Freshers Week before settling down to a new term? I want my chance to join the 'School of Jack Country Dancing Club and Christian Fellowship'....

Yeah! Where do I get the free wall planner so I can mark my days through the school of jack? Then there's the free mug, pen, ginsters pastie and a free copy of the Guardian everyday for a week. Then there's the issue of, 'so my 'life' membership isn't exactly life but just for the duration of my degree?'

Then there's the department's meet and greet, cheese and wine evening, when's that happening?

The School of Jack Yr2 - kevin wooldridge - 1st October 2013

Seedy Girl Wrote:Then there's the free mug, pen, ginsters pastie and a free copy of the Guardian everyday for a week.
I think I must be on a different campus to you......here about's it all Tesco's Value pies, Diamond White and an introductory offer of the 'Big Issue'...

The School of Jack Yr2 - Jack - 1st October 2013

Dinosaur Wrote:I dont think Jack appreciates how much cutting-and-pasting goes into the average WSI - suggests he rarely reads all that irrelevent detail if he thinks they're often all that tailored... :face-stir:

Please refer your comments to the School of Jack.

The School of Jack welcomes your comments and has filed them accordingly.

Many battles involve similar skirmishes, so why not use similar tactics.....after all the regional and national research objectives/guidelines dont change very often.

All the WSI's i've been involved with have included site-specific details.....I wonder why yours haven't :face-stir::o):o)

kevin wooldridge Wrote:Isn't it normal to have Freshers Week before settling down to a new term? I want my chance to join the 'School of Jack Country Dancing Club and Christian Fellowship'....

Seedy Girl Wrote:Yeah! Where do I get the free wall planner so I can mark my days through the school of jack? Then there's the free mug, pen, ginsters pastie and a free copy of the Guardian everyday for a week. Then there's the issue of, 'so my 'life' membership isn't exactly life but just for the duration of my degree?'

Then there's the department's meet and greet, cheese and wine evening, when's that happening?

The School of Jack does not believe in this concept of 'a fresher's week' or with the concept of orientation or free gifts.

To prepare the practitioner for the brutal world of commercial archaeology the welcome pack includes a letter of appointment to sign in triplicate (terms and conditions to arrive later), a postal order for £5.78 for travel expenses, a poorly copied fax of a map showing the location of your first lecture and a mobile number of the course contact (who will never answer or call you back).
The School advises attendants to arrive early enough not to miss the lecture, but is unaware as to when work will start.

The location indicated on the map is not actually the site of lectures but someone there may know where it is

The School of Jack reserves the right to change the location, time and date of the first lecture at any time without informing attendants until afterwards. The School is not responsible for any loss incurred.
No parking facilities are supplied, or advice on where the nearest safe location lies.
The School will not supply food or drink, but may indicate nearby suppliers of greasy fare proved to be detrimental to your health.

The School wishes to point out that the first lecture actually took place two weeks ago. But you should be able to catch up by turning up to the indicated location and poking about a bit for clues and asking anyone you meet where the second lecture may be.

Course 201: Lesson 1 What is a supervisor?

First of all I congratulate all of you that made it here today, even though we are actually 20miles from the University compound indicated on the map. In particular I commend your diligence for continuing along the farmers track that will have surely ripped out the sumps of all your poor excuses for cars. Even the sign 'beware of bull' did not deter you, neither did the gun-toting farmer or his three savage unfettered hounds.

Hopefully now you will be aware that this compound has a perfectly good access from the other side of the river and you didn't have to risk life and limb across the temporary bridge that was only meant for our plant machinery.

Of course, all our staff new of the purposely built road and car park, I just can't understand how this information didn't make it to you. Oh well, at least some of you made it.

The first lesson in becoming a supervisor is to learn some self-reliance and to make decisions, so in this spirit this lesson will take the form of a seminar in which you will discuss openly what you think a supervisor is. This will be followed by a shattering of your silly illusions.

So, what is a supervisor?

The School of Jack Yr2 - Dinosaur - 1st October 2013

Jack Wrote:All the WSI's i've been involved with have included site-specific details.....I wonder why yours haven't :face-stir::o):o)

I wonder how many for dry sites have all that waffle about dendro samples and the like? On the up-side, we're getting better about referring to the right HER etc, I notice other units occasionally seem to suffer the same problems, so seems to be generic }Smile

The School of Jack Yr2 - Dinosaur - 1st October 2013

Jack Wrote:So, what is a supervisor?

A digger who's been around so long the management felt guilty?

The School of Jack Yr2 - Unitof1 - 2nd October 2013

somebody who adds the diggers copyright to theirs and passes it up the line to be filed in the draw labelled mugs.

The School of Jack Yr2 - Wax - 3rd October 2013

The person who brings the sticky buns /cakes on a Friday

The School of Jack Yr2 - BAJR - 7th October 2013

The need to lead, the ability not to.? the supervisor should have the target pinned to their back.. as they are responsible for all records that pass up the line... and so get the blame for the context card with the word another posthole in the description box