The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
The School of Jack - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The School of Jack (/showthread.php?tid=4991)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

The School of Jack - BAJR - 1st July 2013

I had been moderating posts. sop they took some time to appear. _ fear not he is not Dr WTF

I have removed moderation now

The School of Jack - P Prentice - 1st July 2013

Unitof1 Wrote:I dont think that you need a camera to record a site...
i dont think you do either but then you have to have a site to record one

The School of Jack - Unitof1 - 1st July 2013

yes I am out of voulunterrey moderation which might explain some of the time warp events going on on various threads. Currently some have over 14 thousand visits presumably from the future. It does seem that I have found the secret of time travel although it does appear that history repeats its self. Pity we dont have an archaeological comeback to that.

As I now speck respect and members are disappearing from bajr I am afraid.This is a magor concern to bajr and he has the finger in some arbitary position. Dont warry the final solution when it comjes will be just as uninportant as the last. I would just like to thank everybody for all your submitions for my release the last time. Please all I ask is the same responce the next time probably comeing soon.

You lot obviously are too nieave, thick skined or cant find a pub that will have you because I have been there before you and got all archaeologoist barred, so dont care. One of my claimes to fame is to getting a bumch of curators from the bm barred from the Museum pub. Class.

I do feel that we are in the end game. I encourage Jack to continue with tyhe apprasial of archaeology as a puseudo public service charity for cvoluhniteers who dont undertand ownership as a record of the paradiam. I will of course mostly by the method of the opposite point out its redundancy. But I will temper my slef I dont know how but bajr insites that I try.

There isnt a single thing that I agree with your school jack except that it is all about school but keep bringing it on

Quote:i dont think you do either but then you have to have a site to record one

so its not a site without a camera. Enjoy

The School of Jack - RedEarth - 1st July 2013

BAJR Wrote:I had been moderating posts. sop they took some time to appear. _ fear not he is not Dr WTF

I have removed moderation now

You've also removed the mystique, how could you?!!

The School of Jack - Sith - 2nd July 2013

barkingdigger Wrote:For a bonus, your scale model of a pit can be excavated by Morphe!

I really hope the pun was intended, and that Cartoon reality was listening.

RedEarth Wrote:I certainly would want to live in the world of fear and retribution you describe where someone might look at a photo, realise a stone was missing (gasp, shock, horror), and think badly of your abilities.

I've seen a few recently where the photo/section/stone situation has made me question their grip on reality.

The School of Jack - GnomeKing - 4th July 2013

There is something serioulsy wrong with attitude or morale ("the capacity of a group's members to maintain belief in an institution or goal")when people just dont care.
In part it is the huge disparity between doing the fieldwork and writting the reports...
...(copyright)

The School of Jack - Dinosaur - 4th July 2013

GnomeKing Wrote:There is something serioulsy wrong with attitude or morale ("the capacity of a group's members to maintain belief in an institution or goal")when people just dont care.
In part it is the huge disparity between doing the fieldwork and writting the reports...
...(copyright)

I've been convinced for years that most of them have never read a report (not a half-decent one, anyway) and hence have absolutely no idea what they're supposed to producing information towards - is there some problem producing neat, clear, and above all understandable site plans that can be used in a report? Have just had the 'joyous' experience of a site where some of the planning (mostly trench edges and land-drains) was done by GPS - for some reason this resulted in no one even attempting to produce acceptable pervitrace site drawings Sad!

The School of Jack - Dinosaur - 4th July 2013

...and whats with taking out an A3 drawing board when there's 20m of section to be drawn and A1s are available...hate pissy little 'keyhole' plans and sections - evidence for a small mind? :face-stir:

The School of Jack - Jack - 10th July 2013

RedEarth Wrote:Unit does appear to be back, only as a time traveller who can somehow add comments to discussions from days ago. Unfortunately, and this is probably going to upset Jack, I think this must mean he is Dr Who.

PS If your 2D empty line drawings are that bad then yes they will be useless. The same as photos. I would never rely on the latter to make sense of anything, and I certainly would want to live in the world of fear and retribution you describe where someone might look at a photo, realise a stone was missing (gasp, shock, horror), and think badly of your abilities.

I was just modelling that on how many modern archaeologists feel when they look at (some) Victorian excavations of barrows and lament all the bones that were chucked away, fast forward 100 years and wonder what future archaeologists will think of us.

Besides, when doing archive consolidation after an excavation why not check sections against the digital photos...........I've found quite a few that bear no resemblance to the section drawings. Not even the same shape......(yes I do understand parallax!)
When nothing else matches or cross-references, all you have left is the photo.

The School of Jack - Jack - 10th July 2013

Unitof1 Wrote:...........

There isnt a single thing that I agree with your school jack except that it is all about school but keep bringing it on

so its not a site without a camera. Enjoy

This thread isn't about agreeing. Its a statement of what I (and others) have seen and experienced. Some I personally agree with, some I wish wasn't the case.....but everything described on here has happened.
Also, bear in mind, I am not the School of Jack and discussion/ disagreement is the point!