The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin (/showthread.php?tid=464)

Pages: 1 2

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - Cautionary Tale - 28th February 2007

On a lighter note given recent events, I would recommend all those in need of a good laugh to get hold of Mitchell and Webbs DVD of their first series ("Situation" if memory serves) and keep a good eye out for their parody brainstorming meeting about starting a time team type programme. Laugh? - oh yes. Any other decent humourous stuff out there?

Also: Mr Host really does say those things about a quarry being on a site reducing evaluation exposure Big Grin

I maiali sono alimentati e aspettano per volare

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - BAJR Host - 28th February 2007

Bless you sir... BUT

Now you know where I am... you realise you must be liquidated... remian where you are.. operatives will be round soon.

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - gonetopot - 28th February 2007

On the humor front, if you can find it on highlights DVDs or downloads, somebody must put together the clips from Dead Ringers that spoofed Time Team and 2 Men in a Trench.

The idea of the respective crews and presenters drawing up battle lines and charging over who gets a site is just hilarious. Brings a new meaning to 'competitive' tendereing doesn't it!!
Big Grin

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - Sith - 1st March 2007

And don't forget We Are History. A far more realistic portrayal of archaeology than Tripe Team.

D. Vader
Senior Consultant

Vader Maull & Palpatine
Archaeological Consultants

WSIs do not concern me, Curator. I want that site, not excuses

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - Gog - 1st March 2007

And who can forget the Roman excavation on Coronation Street, carried out by a Professor no less (both Manc units presumably being busy).

I don't think this was meant to be funny, though.

(In the same vein, there was an entertaining dig featured in an episode of Lovejoy, 'starring' some real-life bods from the Essex CC unit - I recognised some of them, in case anyone tries denying it!)

Equally far-fetched was something called 'Extreme Archaeology'

That was fantasy fiction, wasn't it?[?]...

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - Sith - 1st March 2007

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Gog

Equally far-fetched was something called 'Extreme Archaeology'

That was fantasy fiction, wasn't it?[?]...

Horror more like. [:p]

D. Vader
Senior Consultant

Vader Maull & Palpatine
Archaeological Consultants

WSIs do not concern me, Curator. I want that site, not excuses

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - the invisible man - 1st March 2007

The Carry On film with Kenneth Williams as a prof was brilliant.

Carry On Cleo was one of the best, but I think I spotted the odd historical inaccuracy.

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.

Anyone seen that film Timeline, with Billy Connolly as a prof - they all get transported back to the Hundred Years War, where the English and French knights conveniently wear different coluored surcoats.

Brilliant stuff, if you like crap...

One more thought - referring to the first post, is it actually possible to parody Time Team?Wink

Arch comedy/does exactly what it says on the tin - Curator Kid - 1st March 2007

Quote:quote:Originally posted by the invisible man

Carry On Cleo was one of the best, but I think I spotted the odd historical inaccuracy.

Yes. Apparently, Cleopatra was a minger.[:p]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_method=full%26objectid=18618773%26siteid=89520-name_page.html