The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Would you join a Local Society - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Would you join a Local Society (/showthread.php?tid=463)

Would you join a Local Society - BAJR Host - 27th February 2007

If you were a contract archaeologist permanently working in one specific county, would you be more inclined to become involved with local archaeological socieities?

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Would you join a Local Society - Gog - 28th February 2007

Depends what you mean by becoming more involved with.

A lot of people only join societies for the journal - they want to keep up with local developments in archaeological research etc, but are not necessarily interested in the social scene.

Aloso, there are two local societies that are relevant to people - the county where you work (professional interest) and the county you come from (a deeper personal interest, I would hazard). Of course, some people are lucky enough for both to be the same, but not many I bet.

Would you join a Local Society - Beardstroker - 28th February 2007

There's actually quite a lot of diddy little district ones in my home county, a great many of which tend to be historical in name with an occasion foray into archaeology, depending on the whims and interests of the current committee. Been to the occasional evening talk of my local one (well, two in three years) but never really been moved to become a full member though.

Would you join a Local Society - ecmgardner - 24th April 2007

My local society was very grateful for all professional involvement it could get. I've run two workshops for them on small finds illustration, ('cos it's what I do) but I must admit I rarely go to meetings and only go digging with them occassionally because the standard of recording can drive me to tears. Maybe I should go more often....