The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Jobs jobs jobs !! - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Jobs jobs jobs !! (/showthread.php?tid=4542)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Jobs jobs jobs !! - Himalaya Joe - 18th September 2012

Carrickavoy Wrote:Depends if the producer controlled the means of production of not...

But surely the point is to abolish the notion of producer and consumer? Culture has lead us to betray our own aboriginal spirit and wholeness, into an ever-worsening split realm of synthetic, isolating, impoverishing division between both - with our an altering game changer in conciousness that removes even the notion of control, its a bit silly?

Jobs jobs jobs !! - Carrickavoy - 18th September 2012

I'm not quite sure I get what your talking about HJ? I might have missed something because I can't seem to make sense of the last sentence...

Jobs jobs jobs !! - Himalaya Joe - 18th September 2012

Sorry C, slippy fingers. Just that with the advent of options like Bitcoin, it is possible to move beyond notions of control in labour relations. After all money is the median and arbitrator of labour value. Techno-utopians, who are getting more and more praise for their ideas as sea-alots like Oceania (even though it failed..) but more fruitful seeds like bitcoin transpire. :p

Jobs jobs jobs !! - P Prentice - 19th September 2012

Himalaya Joe Wrote:Sorry C, slippy fingers. Just that with the advent of options like Bitcoin, it is possible to move beyond notions of control in labour relations. After all money is the median and arbitrator of labour value. Techno-utopians, who are getting more and more praise for their ideas as sea-alots like Oceania (even though it failed..) but more fruitful seeds like bitcoin transpire. :p

come off it bodger51

Jobs jobs jobs !! - Dinosaur - 19th September 2012

P Prentice Wrote:come off it bodger51

I'd been wondering that - must be a relation/love-child at least? ....but not seen Jack yet this week.... :0

Jobs jobs jobs !! - kevin wooldridge - 19th September 2012

I will own up to understanding more than 50% of Him Joe's last mail....got a little lost in Oceania, (but not for the first time......)

It did get me thinking though......I saw earlier today that there was an advert on BAJR for staff wanted for a variety of roles based in the south of England. Application for these posts had to be made online (fair enough) and the jobs are physically based from office locations in Devon and Wiltshire. That is understandable for the field jobs and even the project officer positions, but haven't we reached the situation where the internet and digital media makes many post-excavation/researcher posts possible from 'virtual' offices i.e home, outer space, Norwegian fjords? I recognise that this probably happens a lot in companies anyway by way of formal or informal arrangement, but does anyone know of any examples where 'virtually-based' archaeology jobs have been advertised. Isn't this a way forward in trying to reduce some of the fixed costs in archaeology, reduce the strain of travelling or moving for short term contracts and increase the efficency of the 'virtual' worker (I believe there may even be tax and NI advantages in using non-domiciled contract staff in this manner)...... or does the 'clock-in, clock-out' mentality still largely prevail.....

PS This in no way is intended as a criticism of the advertiser (love you all to death), I am just using their advert to illustrate my point....hope you are flooded with applications from super applicants!!

Jobs jobs jobs !! - Bodger51 - 19th September 2012

Dear Himalaya Jo,

I think you need to explain the difference between wholeness and betraying aboriginal spirit.

Especially if your assuming that either equpiment, data or labor is spirited from light as available constants.

constant availability doesnt pay for the electric and ur politics seems to show some favouritism in its agenda.

But it is an option of opportunity, if you wish to pursue your interests

Jobs jobs jobs !! - P Prentice - 19th September 2012

the aliens have landed

Jobs jobs jobs !! - troll - 19th September 2012

Unfortunately, this thread has neglected to include a fairly key element. In an ideal world, fully competent, professional archaeologists would receive an appropriate salary in line with other professions. Front-line archaeologists are valuable assets to Unit Project Managers. Units can`t make a profit without front line teams. Units keep the salaries of front line teams low to ensure a continued profit margin-essentially, Units exploit the means of production and reward themselves with permanent contracts and attractive incomes by selling the skills and professionalism of others.
In turn, Unit Managers keep the costs of the means of production low (whilst guaranteeing their own level of income) to ensure that they are an attractive asset to Consultancies. Consultants will use Units that can provide a professional standard of service but who also set their rates at such a level to allow for a profit to be made.

If you think that Unit Managers are hiring field archaeologists out at a large mark-up, you should see the profit that Consultants make. The actual cost to Clients is disproportionately inflated to ensure that a whole gamete of non-front-line staff make a comfortable living from the labours of front-line archaeologists. Trust me- if you think that front-line archaeologists are exploited by Unit Managers alone then you are sadly misinformed. It goes something like this;

I clean cars for a living. I can clean inside and out for ten pounds.
Come and work for me and I will give you 12 pounds per car.

I own a car-cleaning company who can clean your car inside and out for eighty pounds.
I am a consultant who can engage your company in cleaning cars for my clients.

Hello Mr client, I can advise you how best to have your cars cleaned and do each car at the knock-down price of eight hundred pounds per car.

Jobs jobs jobs !! - BAJR - 19th September 2012

Good to have you back in view again Troll.

well posted

( though I admit I am tendering as I type... and I am looking at bottom lines.

Ahhh competition!