The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article (/showthread.php?tid=4513)

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - BAJR - 3rd July 2012

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jul/03/online-degrees-employers

Employers and universities have been putting their heads together. Recently the Higher Education Academy reported on the outcomes of eight flexible learning pathfinder projects, funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England, which found that employers favoured distance learning as a way of delivering career-related study.
Such distance-learning degrees, which are often designed to appeal to mid-career professionals looking to develop their roles in specific sectors, such as banking, law, finance and nursing, are a growth area for many universities.

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Dinosaur - 3rd July 2012

People on courses just makes more work for the rest of us, 5 missing here tomorrow, plus plague victims and holidayers Sad

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - vulpes - 3rd July 2012

that's outrageous Dinosaur. I feel your pain. How inconsiderate of people to be ill, go on holiday or want to improve their skills/knowledge! :face-approve:

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Sith - 4th July 2012

The Emperor prefers us to use distance learning, even better if we choose to do our regular H&S training at our computers in our lunch break.

PS, sorry Dino but even I am abandoning my colleagues to their fate and going on 'real' traning today.

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Kel - 4th July 2012

My former employer used to love online CPD. We could do it at home in the evenings and weekends. And if we finally put our foot down and demanded to do it in work time as our contracts stated, then we could do it at our desks where we were still expected to answer our phone and email and could be easily interrupted whenever necessary (i.e. continuously). Never got lunchbreaks, so thankfully that minimised the impact on this aspect of my working life.

We actually had contracted hours of training per year. As it turned out, online CPD was a very efficient way of our employer claiming to provide it, without actually doing so and with minimal costs compared to proper day-release courses or intensive training away from the office. When we failed to complete our nominated courses, it was all our fault. Niiiice.

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - monty - 5th July 2012

Kel Wrote:My former employer used to love online CPD. We could do it at home in the evenings and weekends. And if we finally put our foot down and demanded to do it in work time as our contracts stated, then we could do it at our desks where we were still expected to answer our phone and email and could be easily interrupted whenever necessary (i.e. continuously). Never got lunchbreaks, so thankfully that minimised the impact on this aspect of my working life.

We actually had contracted hours of training per year. As it turned out, online CPD was a very efficient way of our employer claiming to provide it, without actually doing so and with minimal costs compared to proper day-release courses or intensive training away from the office. When we failed to complete our nominated courses, it was all our fault. Niiiice.

Sounds like normal practice...but you should ALWAYS take lunch breaks ...that is the law !

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Dinosaur - 5th July 2012

On site that's when the interested public always turn up! ....or the management....or the client....or the surveyor....or the bog man....

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Kel - 5th July 2012

Quote:you should ALWAYS take lunch breaks ...that is the law !
Unfortunately nobody tells computer problems the law.

I do find archaeology quaint in its adherence to employment law. It's about 20 years behind other industries in this respect. Next you'll be telling me that EU Working Time Directive actually has to be observed by an employer. LOL!

Online courses for as pathways for CPD - A guardian article - Dinosaur - 5th July 2012

Spent the day teaching myself PowerPoint and swearing a lot, so that's CPD covered till next year :face-approve:

Hope the guys at the conference don't laugh too much tomorrow... :0

...assuming I saved it right..... :0:0