The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Working Hours? Do you ? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Working Hours? Do you ? (/showthread.php?tid=4431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Working Hours? Do you ? - CARTOON REALITY - 7th May 2012

. . . and I'm kicking myself I missed it.

Working Hours? Do you ? - monty - 7th May 2012

It could only happen in archaeology............. no other profession would stand for it.......

Working Hours? Do you ? - Kel - 8th May 2012

monty Wrote:It could only happen in archaeology............. no other profession would stand for it.......
Really? I'm thinking back to my time in IT where I rarely had a lunch break for ten years, regularly worked through Bank Holidays without overtime, my expected routine office hours were 7:15am-6pm or longer without overtime (which pro-rata'd, sometimes meant I was earning around half as much per hour than the staff I managed), 24x7 callout, occasionally worked 24-48 hours without a break...

Sometimes, archaeology seems to have the view that it's the only industry with cruddy working conditions. Granted driving a desk didn't involve physical strain or risk and I didn't get rained/snowed on for larger portions of the time. But it wasn't all sunshine and roses.

Working Hours? Do you ? - Dinosaur - 8th May 2012

Rather perversely, sitting at a desk in the office is far worse for my back than shovelling stuff, looks like will be doing far too much of the former this year Sad

Working Hours? Do you ? - chiz - 8th May 2012

kevin wooldridge Wrote:When I worked more or less permanently in the UK I claimed for clothing, laundry, travel, some books, tools, and some capital expenses (computer, camera etc) all as an employed rather than self-employed person.

The Diggers' Forum and Prospect are currently researching the subject of allowable expenses for employed workers. It'll be published in the Forum Dispatch in due course.

Re: Insurance for vehicles, check out your employer's T&C! Look at the recent DF report for more areas of concern re: travel, and our recommendations to improve the situation. Feedback apreciated:
http://www.archaeologists.net/sites/default/files/node-files/awaysurveyreport.pdf

Working Hours? Do you ? - BAJR - 8th May 2012

Quote:Look at the recent DF report for more areas of concern re: travel, and our recommendations to improve the situation.

Absolutely. This takes people like BAJR and the DF (who have a great resource ) ( ARE YOU ALL MEMBERS!!! - if not... why not) to highlight the issues and show how you can deal with it. but responsibility also rests with the individual. Do not fear employers who say... don't rock the boat or you won't work for us again. As the DF can help as well.

Working Hours? Do you ? - monty - 10th May 2012

Kel Wrote:Really? I'm thinking back to my time in IT where I rarely had a lunch break for ten years, regularly worked through Bank Holidays without overtime, my expected routine office hours were 7:15am-6pm or longer without overtime (which pro-rata'd, sometimes meant I was earning around half as much per hour than the staff I managed), 24x7 callout, occasionally worked 24-48 hours without a break...

Sometimes, archaeology seems to have the view that it's the only industry with cruddy working conditions. Granted driving a desk didn't involve physical strain or risk and I didn't get rained/snowed on for larger portions of the time. But it wasn't all sunshine and roses.

You have only yourself to blame for sticking it ten years ! Why did you not join a Union ?

Working Hours? Do you ? - Unitof1 - 10th May 2012

yer why didnt you kel, unions are the best thing ever arnt they. I bet theres lots of people out there right now who wish that they had joined a union. i wish there was a union for people who have not joined a union but that would be silly wouldnt it. For me I would ust like to see very body elses tax return. Seems to me it should be a public document. Seems to me that it would have the actual hours worked on it and how much you were paid and how much you spent on plugs and digging out the moat.

Working Hours? Do you ? - monty - 10th May 2012

kevin wooldridge Wrote:That sounds fair, but what happens say when you are out on an away job and you go to the supermarket after work hours in the supplied vehicle....insured or not insured?

Likely to be legally classed as NOT insured....as driving to site from office without being paid is also likely to be classed NOT insured....one day the s**t will hit the fan when a nasty accident occurs.... this poor practice should be outlawed immediately......there is a LOT of it happening !

Working Hours? Do you ? - Unitof1 - 10th May 2012

just out of interest what kind of insurance is that. It seems to have some kind of between the hours off type restriction or is it a it can only be used on company business. Surely its a named driver or some kind of fully comprehensive. If there any crime it would be a used for peronnel use tax perk pay back problem