The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! (/showthread.php?tid=4205)

Pages: 1 2

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - Hannah Cobb - 28th November 2011

*** Calling all UK archaeologists and archaeology students! ***

I am undertaking an initial study into the diversity and make up of the archaeological profession and student body in the UK today. If you have apprx 3 minutes to spare please follow this link to undertake a VERY BRIEF survey.

http://windev.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/surveys/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=33Mm8500368612

The survey will only be open for a short time - until a week on Friday (Friday 9th December) - so please follow this link now!

Initial results will be presented in the "Digging Diversity" session at TAG this year, on Friday 16th December. For more details about TAG and the session follow this link http://centraltag.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/digging-diversity/ Further results will be published elsewhere in the future!

Please also do pass this on to colleagues and anyone you think it might be of interest to!

Thank you in advance for your help!
All the best,
Hannah.

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - Bodger51 - 28th November 2011

Can't seem to follow link without passwords and domain access.

Any ideas how to proceed anyone?

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - BAJR - 28th November 2011

That should sort it...

http://windev.humanities.manchester.ac.uk/surveys/TakeSurvey.asp?PageNumber=1&SurveyID=33Mm8500368612

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - trowelfodder - 28th November 2011

Done - do you think that it may have been a good idea to include a question about learning difficulties - as there does seem to be a large number of dyslexic archaeologists and it may be interesting to follow this up

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - Hannah Cobb - 28th November 2011

Thanks for correcting the link! Sorry for initial problems!

re trowelfodder's question - I agree! I know so many archaeologists with Dyslexia and so many with OCD! As a result I phrased the question on disability as:

"The Disability Discrimination Act defines disability as "A physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term effect on the person's ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities". Does this apply to you?"

Therefore, under the DDA's broad criteria, dyslexia is included. Interestingly, of the people who have responded so far the most common disability that has been listed is dyslexia - I look forward to feeding the results back formally in the future!

Cheers,
Hannah!

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - trowelfodder - 28th November 2011

Mmmmm I'm dyslexic myself but I do not consider myself disabled and answered that question no as I would not describe it as a mental impairment and does not stop me carrying out normal day-to-day activities.

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - kevin wooldridge - 28th November 2011

trowelfodder Wrote:Mmmmm I'm dyslexic myself but I do not consider myself disabled and answered that question no

You are my snusnihe, my only snushnie.....:p

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - Welsh Andy - 29th November 2011

Done and posted to the Facebook group for my class at uni.
Also question 8 refers to the wrong earlier question. Don't know if you can fix it or if it is worth it?

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - Hannah Cobb - 29th November 2011

Thank you for posting it to your class on FB! And many thanks for flagging up Qu 8 incorrect reference - unfortunately the limited survey software my Uni uses makes it impossible to change now the survey is open Sad I will resolve this in future rounds of the survey though.

Quote:Mmmmm I'm dyslexic myself but I do not consider myself disabled and answered that question no as I would not describe it as a mental impairment and does not stop me carrying out normal day-to-day activities.

re Dyslexia - thanks for raising this point trowelfodder. This is another really important lesson for future rounds of the survey/future ways of thinking through asking about these things. I shall have to think carefully about how I include this in the future - I'll seek advice from charities that deal with this kind of learning difficulty.

Many thanks to all for your help, support and feedback. I should stress that this study is only at an initial stage - further development of the study is funding dependent and so i am so grateful for all the thought provoking feedback!

Cheers,
Hannah.

Diversity in the Profession - please help with a new study into this! - trowelfodder - 29th November 2011

Its not just you - it's something that comes up every job application because if classed as disabled you qualify for a guaranteed interview but is unclear what they mean and I could never justify using the scheme. Even on the dyslexia forums there's great debate about whether it is a disability or not - and as its got differing levels of severity..... bloody minefield! And then there's those who don't even believe it exists....

And good luck with the funding x