The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1326 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1326 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1448 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 499 preg_replace_callback
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Let"s help one another - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Let"s help one another (/showthread.php?tid=4203)

Pages: 1 2

Let"s help one another - med - 27th November 2011

With the downturn in the economy and redundancies frequent, I would like to ask those who are still working what is the climate like amongst your coworkers in your office or field unit? I have noticed a marked increase not only in unhappiness:face-rain:, but with the threat of further redundancies a level of paranoia B) I have not seen before. This makes a further cycle of poor morale and it effects the work.

Anyone in a similar position? and what are you doing to try to combat being sucked into the dysfunction?

I have tried to distance myself from the drama but that can only work so far. A balance outside of work usually helps but it is now spiiling over into the personal realm. Ride it out is an option, look for another job certainly or like others on the forum, find another job in a different profession.

I would like to be positive, particularly as the approaching holidays should be celebrated. I was sent the following and would like to share it with anyone in a similiar situation, or all who appreciate non demeaning humor.

Cheers

Inner peace

I'm passing this on because it worked for me today. A Dr. on TV said to have inner peace we should always finish things we start & we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started & hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a boddle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun scriptins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum i luvum...

Let"s help one another - Boxoffrogs - 28th November 2011

I stride dish bu run aat a bokkles an shtayed losht fu a longishh tyme. Next day I felt crap and ended up worse than I started...do not try it out folks...it don't work for long!

Let"s help one another - trowelfodder - 28th November 2011

I really feel foe you Med - have gone through similar situations before and is horrendous. It is impossible not to be involved and can be harder to pull together when like it or not you have been placed in a situation where you are in competition with your friends and workmates.

Sometimes although it is the elephant in the room it is an idea to have a period of time where you can all vent to each other and once this is over have a pact not to talk about it as you will only be going around in circles.

Big hugs and hope things work out as best they can for you xx

Let"s help one another - kevin wooldridge - 28th November 2011

On a personal level right now, every time I see a job advertised or hear of a possible opportunity I am thinking of which of my friends might like to hear the details.... Not so sure it has much to do with morale, because most archaeologists I know are hardened to not expecting much more than the shitty end of the stick...., but I am surprised at hearing of tales of backstabbing often for very short term gain.....a quiet Christmas with healthy food and not so much alcohol are my recommendation ....

Let"s help one another - Welsh Andy - 29th November 2011

As a student due to graduate in a year or so may I just add
[Image: meatloaf-hot-patootie-158.jpg]

Let"s help one another - monty - 29th November 2011

med Wrote:With the downturn in the economy and redundancies frequent, I would like to ask those who are still working what is the climate like amongst your coworkers in your office or field unit? I have noticed a marked increase not only in unhappiness:face-rain:, but with the threat of further redundancies a level of paranoia B) I have not seen before. This makes a further cycle of poor morale and it effects the work.
]

What's new ..........it's been like this for years now !!

Let"s help one another - Jack - 29th November 2011

Don't let the hype wear us down.
Prepare for the worst, but enjoy the best.
True happiness comes from truly living in the moment.

Besides it could be worse............just think how bad it would to be to have been born into famine or war.

And as a final thought, everything dies,
So we might as well treasure the moments we have left
Otherwise whats the point?

Let"s help one another - dmama - 29th November 2011

Jack Wrote:Don't let the hype wear us down.
Prepare for the worst, but enjoy the best.
True happiness comes from truly living in the moment.

Besides it could be worse............just think how bad it would to be to have been born into famine or war.

And as a final thought, everything dies,
So we might as well treasure the moments we have left
Otherwise whats the point?

and with that piece of pollianna-ing i'll just go and slit my wrists...
cheer up pisstmus time is coming. those of us who are at the really shitty end are passed the wallowing and onto the hysterical laughter... bring on the gin and anti depressants. woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Let"s help one another - BAJR - 29th November 2011

gin and anti depressants

Thats the ticket!

I read this thread in multiple ways... from comedy to tragedy. At teh end of the day... we make our own luck, we roll with the blows, we get knocked down and then.... well...

click play and have a dance!

[video=youtube;kS-zK1S5Dws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-zK1S5Dws[/video]

Let"s help one another - med - 1st December 2011

Thanks all for the words of wisdom, resignation, humor and support. Great photo Welsh Andy- I have had 10+ years in the profession and if you have a passion for it you will ride the waves as our host mentions (I would have liked to hear David sing the tune}Smile though, archaeologists are multi-talented). Looking for some novel approach to the state of affairs...being proactive as Trowelfodder suggests is a very good suggestion.