The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Subsistance Payments - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Subsistance Payments (/showthread.php?tid=420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Subsistance Payments - BAJR Host - 30th January 2007

"I presume that all three units are budgeting for subsistence but only two are paying it to their staff...? "

NO .. separate contract.

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Subsistance Payments - Oxbeast - 30th January 2007

I suspect the levels of recruitment of the three units will depend quite highly on the payment of subs. It certainly puts one unit at a significant disadvantage to the other three.

On the point that subs might not be necessary for people in self catering accommodation, I do not think that this should be the case. If companies need people to come in from all over the country, then there should be recompense. It is expensive to live in two places, if these are far apart because it conts a lot of petrol to go home for the occasional weekend. Subs should also be used to cover this travel.

This page explains some pay and condition agreements in the construction industry. Subs are paid at £26.47 per day. Sounds fair to me.
http://www.ucatt.org.uk/Indnews_pri.htm#9

Subsistance Payments - Smaze - 30th January 2007

I realise this is going off the thread of the posting, but it appears that i dont have the required number of posts to e-mail the BAJR Host personaly, so my only come back is through this thread.

Thanks for the ticking off mate.. when i put my posting on the site, the grades in the advert were marked down as 1,2 & 3 for an "archaeological consultant", and there was no note on the bottom from yourself about the wages reflecting the level of responsabilty.
In your posting above ,you were saying ,thou not recomending, that by not applying for jobs the wages would go up, my comment was ment with to be slightly off the cuff hence the simly faces.
Maybe i should have added my original comment to a thread about job titles and not one about T&S packages and for this i'm sorry, but i have still never heard of an Archaeological Consultant being paid at grades 2,3,&4, maybe experienced site assitants.. but not an Archeaological Consultant.

still no sleep till natural.

Subsistance Payments - himalaya - 30th January 2007

From what ive read here these units appear to offer:

free (and from what ive heard decent) accomodation.

free travel to and from site.

daily subs, even in self-catering accomodation, tax-free, that easily covers food and a few beers a night. Wish i had that - i have to use my wages! and surely no one can seriously argue that they are any worse off by having two places. Its our own choice..

Some people now seem to be moaning that subs should also cover the cost of their travel around the country.

Power to the people and all that, but arent we being a bit ungrateful? I think I agree with Host on this.

Subsistance Payments - BAJR Host - 30th January 2007

I fank u

Khufu

Subsistance Payments - voice of reason - 30th January 2007

and what about when those demanding subsistence don't actually have another residence, ie their free accomm is their only dwelling - how do people feel about that? surely they should not get overnight payments like this, which are designed for those living away from home?

and as for the issue of the cost of having to buy salt and oil for living in two places - what's the total cost of a duplicate set of basic staples like that - £20 max as a one-off I would have thought? where does the rest go, apart from down the pub? and the argument about buying for two being cheaper? - surely a pack of pasta splits into the same size portions whether there's one or two of you?

Subsistance Payments - BAJR Host - 31st January 2007

It does sem that this is a slight hangover from when subs were your only remuneration... I do however still agree with subsistence when in a B&B or similar accom... as you have to eat out...

and VoR ... that was a harsh but true observation... you is bad... don't give people ideas Wink)

Khufu

Subsistance Payments - Sparky - 31st January 2007

Sparky: "I presume that all three units are budgeting for subsistence but only two are paying it to their staff...? "

Hosty: "NO .. separate contract."

There may be separate contracts but my presumption is that each contract may have budgeted for subsistence. I'll bet that all three units have budgeted for acomodation but one of them forgot to put a price in for subsistence, surely not gov!

Subsistance Payments - BAJR Host - 31st January 2007

I guess it comes to deciding whether free accomodation and travel AND subsistence is the package or whether the subsistence is included within the FREE accomodation.

Khufu

Subsistance Payments - Sparky - 31st January 2007

I guess it does...but I bet it isn't.