The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
IFA RO only as approved contractors - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: IFA RO only as approved contractors (/showthread.php?tid=4146)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

IFA RO only as approved contractors - diggingthedirt - 21st November 2011

A non sequitur to the above post, but it does address the general themes of this thread:

http://www.diggingthedirt.com/2011/11/20/red-hot-amateur-archaeologists/

IFA RO only as approved contractors - BAJR - 28th November 2011

AS a codicil to this -- If you know of any COunty CUratorial Service that is requesting RO only for any development control work then please email me with the name (and some details of how you know... or information that has been sent or other information )

info@bajr.org

IFA RO only as approved contractors - vulpes - 29th November 2011

Quote:COunty CUratorial Service that is requesting RO only

Presumably Unitaries, districts and Cities are exempt from this request?! :face-stir:

IFA RO only as approved contractors - trowelfodder - 29th November 2011

Why do you know of any asking for RO only companies? Would be great if you could help out }Smile

IFA RO only as approved contractors - vulpes - 29th November 2011

No, I don't unfortunately. I don't know of any counties doing that either. Not to say they don't exist mind Big Grin
Digging's article very interesting. Of course it's not impossible for an 'amateur' group or society to become an RO, one already is.

IFA RO only as approved contractors - P Prentice - 29th November 2011

trowelfodder Wrote:It appears that some planning departments will only allow RO's to work on their patches - how can this be right when the IFA no matter its claims cannot claim to represent all of the proffession and has a terrible track record for disciplining units who fail to work to their required standard!

If units are not allowed to discriminate and only employ ifa members than how is this practice acceptable for planning authorities?

so there aren't any then - its just a bit of paranoid hyperbole from the antifas - unfortunately

IFA RO only as approved contractors - P Prentice - 29th November 2011

vulpes Wrote:No, I don't unfortunately. I don't know of any counties doing that either. Not to say they don't exist mind Big Grin
Digging's article very interesting. Of course it's not impossible for an 'amateur' group or society to become an RO, one already is.

and more no-doubt will be - when they see how easy it is to pick off the small easy sites
then they will do bigger ones and start charging minimal fees
then they will advertise their cut-price services
then after driving all the one man bands out of business they will move on up til they have swallowed a few medium sized operators
operating out of their homes around the country they will stitch up the market and become chariteeeeeeees
then maybe unit will come back and tell a few funny stories

IFA RO only as approved contractors - trowelfodder - 29th November 2011

Am getting pretty fed up of being accused of making this whole thing up especially when the IFA themselves have released a statement saying (from KEvins post)

Quote:Vulpes is right... the IfA announced a while back that it had received a legal opinion to the effect that curators could be justified in excluding non-RAOs. I am sure I mentioned this on BAJR at the time, but can't for the life of me find the thread right now....

so if this is all made up then why did they even bother to do this.

This is an important issue that needed to be brought out into the open and archaeologists needed to be made aware of what was happening behind the schemes

If organisations are backtracking when questioned it does not mean that it was not their intention in the first place - it just means they do not have courage in their convictions

IFA RO only as approved contractors - BAJR - 29th November 2011

Quote: so there aren't any then - its just a bit of paranoid hyperbole from the antifas - unfortunately

Actually there were/are/was I know - I can vouch. so not [paranoia] I assure you.

So not IfA anti ness. I have been steadfast in not 'having a go' at the IfA. As you can imagine though it is a tricky situation and one that requires careful discussion. The IfA freely admit that is the plan, and fair play to them (er... us) AS a MIfA I am subject as well. Though I am not an RO. I prefer my work to be judged by the client and the curator.

ps Vulpes, always manages to slip in a comedy one-liner. Wink who needs Unit.

pps Diggings article is interesting, even if it misses the point a bit. But I agree, there is a need to maintain standards... now... l;et me think... who would be best placed to do such a thing :face-huh:

IFA RO only as approved contractors - Marcus Brody - 29th November 2011

P Prentice Wrote:its just a bit of paranoid hyperbole from the antifas

Or it's just a bit of 'Field of Dreams', if-you-build-it-they-will-come style posturing by the IfA and its apologists, trying to present paid-for legal opinion as established fact. BAJR says that he can vouch for the fact that there were/are/was curators looking at adopting this policy, but none of them seem to be keen to publicise their decision, which suggests that they're not entirely confident in it.