The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: If you could return a specific Time and place. .... (/showthread.php?tid=4144)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - BAJR - 22nd October 2011

Simple as that...

Where would it be, what would you be and why.

Here is mine.

"Hillforts" around the 3-400 BC I would love to be a smith - moving between places and seeing what these blinking places were really used for. Are they the same function across Europe or as I moved would I notice a difference. or would it be variations on a theme. (Like an Italian Cafe and a Yorkshire Tea Room) Would I feel I knew what to do when I saw one...

:face-huh: Not looking for an answer just a thought

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - angi - 22nd October 2011

I'd be off to the Iron Age and find out what it was with all of the ruddy ditches :face-huh:

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - monty - 22nd October 2011

Windmill Hill................. but how could i choose which phase ?????? Smile

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - BAJR - 22nd October 2011

Glad nobody has yet said Atlantis or Ancient Egypt and I want to be Nefartari Smile

YET!

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - kevin wooldridge - 23rd October 2011

I think I'd like to go back to 1945, at the same time the new Labour government were setting about creating the NHS and the Welfare State I'd also lobby for them to implement an all encompassing heritage act and to set up a National Archaeology Board probably with V Gordon Childe as its head .... (oh and also to ensure that Uo1's pension rights were properly factored into the legislative framework....).

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - Kel - 23rd October 2011

Think I'd follow Hostie to the same time period. But I'd be off looking at the other 99.99% of life that happened at the time i.e. the stuff that was going on *outside* the oo-golly-gosh, aint-they-big'n'purdy, we-love-em-cos-they-survive, hillforts.

I get the distinct impression that if we ever figure out what was going on in the hillforts, it won't tell us much about the everyday lives of ordinary folk.

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - Misty - 23rd October 2011

Bath c600AD to see how much of it was still functioning as a 'Roman' town. Any town, city or village in southern Britain would do really, but I'd like to see what the social set-up was like and how much effect those pesky Saxons really had.

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - Dinosaur - 23rd October 2011

Misty Wrote:Bath c600AD to see how much of it was still functioning as a 'Roman' town. Any town, city or village in southern Britain would do really, but I'd like to see what the social set-up was like and how much effect those pesky Saxons really had.

Didn't someone from Gaul visit Bath around then and leave a description? - can't remember the reference but maybe someone else on here can?

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - kevin wooldridge - 23rd October 2011

You might be thinking of the Welsh mystic (?) Neninnus who in the 9th century wrote a history of English towns including Bath...

If you could return a specific Time and place. .... - Dinosaur - 23rd October 2011

You're probably right, twas a long time ago, can remember whoever it was being impressed by the scale of the ruins anyway. Think there's a copy of Nennius in the office, will check tomorrow if I can find the ref :face-approve: