The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
tomb- robbing goods for sale - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: tomb- robbing goods for sale (/showthread.php?tid=398)

tomb- robbing goods for sale - troll - 15th January 2007

Whilst I accept (not really) the concept that landowners have a right (apparently) to dispose of archaeology as they see fit in the UK, I refuse to accept that there can be any possible excuse for UK antique shops who openly display and sell antiquities from Egypt and the Holy land.I recently spent a goodly few hours wandering through one antique shop in particular that was selling;
.shabties and beaded funerary masks
.Jordanian and Israeli ceramics
.enormous polished stone axes from the UK
.entire Byzantine dinner sets and a multitude of other incredible stuff.

Whats the "law" on this type of rape? Anyone?:face-huh:

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

tomb- robbing goods for sale - Cautionary Tale - 15th January 2007

This is what it was in 2000:clicky. They refer particularly to the UNESCO Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illegal Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property, 1970 and the UNIDROIT Convention on Stolen and Illegally Exported Cultural Objects, 1995. Not checked these yet to confirm if the UK has ratfied them yet....

I maiali sono alimentati e aspettano per volare

Just like that! Your a star sir...many thanks Mr Barnes and I trust that 07 is being good to you so far....Smile

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

tomb- robbing goods for sale - Tim - 15th January 2007

Try this

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm199900/cmselect/cmcumeds/371/37102.htm

Also look up

The Dealing in Objects (offences) Act 2003

"Freedom of ideas is one thing, freedom of the purse is quite another". Edward Harris

And to you squire.

When I get a few minutes I'll be very interested to see the 2003 legislation actually does what it appears to say on the proverbial tin.

Many thanks to you all for your kind assistance.Have just had a wee look at your link Mr Barnes and it seems that the standing conference et al set the points out in very clear terms.It does indeed remain to be seen as to whether the UK have "ratified" anything on this...
Will have a quick look at the dealing in objects jobby....Big Grin

Interesting...it would appear that we are not "authorised" to view the documents on the 2003 jobby......

The full Act is here. On first read I am impressed on two levels: firstly for legislation it’s really dinky (that being the technical term), and secondly because it appears to get right to the nub of the issue. Seems to me that this act has some ramifications for those who chose to dig around without having an archaeologist on site (thus making it a legitimate excavation under its terms) – I’m particularly referring to the elements of the act which obviate the need for the accused to know that what is being dug up constitutes a cultural object. Quite frankly, these days an archaeological cultural object could be extended to include soil elements/ecofacts which opens up a vast can of worms (probably mostly for the learn’ed gentlemen at the bar upon the laws first challenge). Will read further and doubtless delete large portions of the above on reflection.....

Many thanx again sire-will read in a bit....Big Grin