The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
site tech role - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: site tech role (/showthread.php?tid=3953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

site tech role - P Prentice - 8th June 2011

Sith Wrote:I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until these bone threads go away. There's a world of difference between amateur and amateurish.

perhaps it would mean something if you had to 'qualify' to be one. as it is, it means f**k all, but pretentiously

site tech role - kevin wooldridge - 8th June 2011

P Prentice Wrote:aye but are there any amateur or student quantity surveyors, doctors or clergymen etc who call themselves such?

Well certainly plenty of fringe religious types who can dub themsleves, vicar, father or bishop if they want.....no law against that....Quantity surveyors being a chartered profession means that you come in at the bottom of the professional grades as a 'Quantity Surveyor' but you are not a professionally qualified QS until you have completed your professional indentureship.....and I am taking it you mean medical doctors...well the moment you start at medical school you are a student doctor...when you begin your professional training before full qualification you are also a student or junior doctor....so I am guessing the answer is that archaeology has lots in common with other professions as regards naming its parts....

site tech role - Wax - 8th June 2011

Personally I would like to be able to call myself a Chartered Archaeologist (but not under the mantle of the current IFA set up!!!) I would also be more than happy for amateurs to be able to work towards chartered status. What I am not happy with is the lack of any means of enforcing " professional" standards on those who take a spade, trowel or JCB to our heritage in any context, amateur or professional.:face-crying:

Wax Wrote:Personally I would like to be able to call myself a Chartered Archaeologist (but not under the mantle of the current IFA set up!!!) I would also be more than happy for amateurs to be able to work towards chartered status. What I am not happy with is the lack of any means of enforcing " professional" standards on those who take a spade, trowel or JCB to our heritage in any context, amateur or professional.:face-crying:

yet chartered status would enable such means of enforcement

Did not make myself clear. I see charted status as as means of enforcing professional standards on both amateur and professional. Nothing I have seen of the IFA over the last 20 years gives me any confidence in them being the organisation to monitor and apply this. We need to go back to basics and start again

are you a member of the tooting popular front? we wont go back to basics and start again, there isnt and never will be a groundswell of opinion to do so. the only way forward will be the ifa way so its time to stop prevaricating and do something constructive like joining and voting - is it not?

Who says we cannot go back to basics, PP and the IFA? What proportion of the practicing archaeologists in this country, amateurs, professionals academics and curators are members or want to be members? What is the real ground swell of opinion? :face-thinks:

dont you remember the bad old days when you were paid in buttons and slept in a tent and nobody wrote the site up anyway? you wanna go back to that cus there was never anything else unless you were also on the grand tour. if we were chartered we could have everything that proprer professions have but instead we have some cutesy old fashioned slightly but not terribly rebelious, politely not joinoing a club that would have me as a member buls**t. we get what we deserve and we will continue to take it up the gary if we dont do something. back to basic pah

I want to be charted but not by the IFA ( do I have to make it simpler than that?) I will not respond any more as I am sure the other forum members are bored with the same old same old (000ps PP must be slipping up I didn't get picked to pieces for the use of charted instead of chartered)

site tech role - Dinosaur - 8th June 2011

Most practitioners of the archaeological profession already seem to have voted by not joining IFA? - hence their inability in the direction of charterdom. I know a lot more ex-members than current members. But let the remaining minority dream on....:face-stir: