The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
site tech role - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: site tech role (/showthread.php?tid=3953)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

site tech role - GnomeKing - 28th May 2011

anybody Doing archaeology IS an Archaeologist - some are 'better archaeologists' than others... can 'expert' knowledge be demonstrated beyond its practice?

YET an d.

site tech role - Sith - 28th May 2011

Wax Wrote:The title "archaeologist" is virtually meaningless it has been given out willy nilly by all and sundry to any Tom Dick or Harriet for years. The press being some of the worst offenders. I am for ever seeing the term local archaeologist being used totally inappropriately

Although I'd prefer not to open that articular can of worms, I presume the press are using the term in relation to non-professional archaeologists of some description. My own experience is that they are as varied as their professional counterparts with some whose standards of excavation and recording put the pros to shame and others I wouldn't trust to dig a vegetable patch.

Back to technicians: I seem to remember strikes back in the 1990s when some companies started using titles like 'site technician'. And don't get me started on what happens when directors start joking about 'the lower orders'.

site tech role - Dinosaur - 28th May 2011

This mean we can now afford to employ someone to empty my barrow for me? }Smile

- would get twice as much dug (hopefully at a decent standard - I try) so twice as much end product for less than twice the cost? (or more site salvaged for the same money) :face-approve:

- or does it mean less digging to a worse standard? :0

site tech role - GnomeKing - 29th May 2011

I would like to hear more about those strikes Sith.....

site tech role - Dinosaur - 29th May 2011

Yes, I was intrigued by that as well. Tell us more!

site tech role - BAJR - 4th June 2011

I have looked at the thread. and feel that it is best left. So apologies for the temporary delete - pray continue. I do feel that MOLA have somethiing to answer.

I am getting worried about this idea that jobs that pass BAJR grades are put up and ones that don't are just hidden.

The rules are clear... either all the posts that are within the organisation meet the criteria (which... lets be honest are not exactly onerous) or no adverts are allowed. I worry at 'hidden adverts'

Perhaps MOLA would like to respond.?

site tech role - Noddy - 5th June 2011

What about the Headland PO job? The job specification is clearly for a Grade 5 PO (working under a PM to create project designs, supervising a large team of staff, liaising with clients etc) but its being advertised with a starting wage of ?17990, which is according to the BAJR pay grades Grade 3/4 'senior site assistant' or 'junior supervisor' level. I know we're in a recession but surely this is too low? Or maybe its time to scrap the link to local gov pay grades and let the market find it's own level. Painful in a recession but perhaps better when times improve?

site tech role - BAJR - 5th June 2011

before we start naming -- lets remeber it is from... and depends on experience. i did talk about this with them so am happy in as much that the requirements are ranging and so a supervisor could go for this and withb training and support - which they provide - they can move up.

i have now moved away from council rates over the past 2 years. and would like to implement the full benchmarking. but can only with the ifa.

it is also personal resposibility.. if bajr removes any control... and free marcket takes over. where do you think it will go

site tech role - P Prentice - 6th June 2011

BAJR Wrote:.. if bajr removes any control... and free marcket takes over. where do you think it will go

competition will polarise to the point that the only players in the game will be uber units and one-man-bands. the uber units will eventually insist on a level playing field and the one-man-bands will be regulated out of business by a chartered status closed shop. you think not? will the uber units pay a decent wage? mola would seem to think it unnecsaary unless they are forcing an issue about regulation. i think not

site tech role - gwyl - 6th June 2011

Unitof1 Wrote:... This is the first time that I have ever come across a field worker being called an archaeologist by a charity unit.
http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/Corporate/About-us/Jobs/Current-vacancies.htm

MoLAS field staff have been routinely titled Archaeologist and Senior Archaeologist covering the spectrum from newbie to old scrote for decades
i wouldn't like to say whether that has changed recently, but i believe not