The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Dissertation Questionnaire - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Dissertation Questionnaire (/showthread.php?tid=3923)

Pages: 1 2

Dissertation Questionnaire - NickGill - 27th April 2011

Hi. I am writing a dissertation on the effects of Digital Technology on Archaeology. I am looking for archaeologists to fill in my survey to give me an insight into the thoughts of the professionals. It will only take 2-3 minutes of your time, it is very simple.

The survey can be found here:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7LR69LC

Thank you so very much.

Dissertation Questionnaire - troll - 28th April 2011

Now this suggests that this individual knows where to find a pulse in archaeology! Good shot young sir/miss! Come on you lot........... this enterprising student wants the opinions of professionals and has come to BAJR to find them. Lets dig in.......:face-approve:Just completed the survey......good luck!

Dissertation Questionnaire - kevin wooldridge - 28th April 2011

I filled in the survey as well......but just one small comment. This is the second time in the past month that I have been faced with a survey regarding 'digital archaeology', to be asked questions on 3d visualisation. I'm not really sure what 3d visualisation has to do with archaeology other than providing a basis for Discovery Channel graphics designers and/or the makers of the Lara Croft video games. Is our dearly beloved subject being hi-jacked by the media industry to add gravitas to what essentially is Media Studies?

Sir- I don`t play Tomb-Raider games for the 3D environments-there are other distractions involved!Wink

Dissertation Questionnaire - the invisible man - 28th April 2011

I have to say (well I don't, but I'm going to) that this seems very imprecise to me, it's all a bit vague. What exactly is meant by "digital"? There's a question about mobile phones for example - so are we talking about anything electric, or is the survey driving at paperless recording and so on? Does the mobile phone question include GPS?

Dissertation Questionnaire - Jack - 28th April 2011

Did it.............the survey seemed to be trying to guide you to say that more digital technology should be used in archaeology.

The survey could indeed do with tweaking but that said, there is a free-hand comments box so views can be expressed outside of the framework of the questionaire itself.:face-approve:

Dissertation Questionnaire - BRahn - 28th April 2011

Yes, 'more' digital technology, irrespective of whether that's 'better'. Just 'more', shovel that digital technology in there!

kevin: I think 3D visualisation has more than proven itself a useful tool within the realm of archaeology, not only from a 'Discovery channel' pretty reconstructions aspect, but also as a research tool in its own right.

Dissertation Questionnaire - NickGill - 28th April 2011

Thank you all for filling in the questionnaire. I have almost reached the limit of replies. I understand about the vagueness of the survey, but it seems to be a very vague subject. The dissertation itself is actually very directed at a certain aspect of digital technology and endeavors to provide a valuable and meaningful answer, including a prototype of a system. This survey is very important in establishing whether or not there is a general interest around 'digital' archaeology and to gauge opinions on what I have classed as the major aspects of digital archaeology at the moment. Whilst it may seem like cheating, if I hadn't have got the answers I wanted from this survey, the whole dissertation would have been irrelevant. I genuinely think there is a huge void, in which everyday technologies which we use can fill, and it is in this that I find interesting. Thanks again.

Dissertation Questionnaire - kevin wooldridge - 28th April 2011

BRahn Wrote:kevin: I think 3D visualisation has more than proven itself a useful tool within the realm of archaeology, not only from a 'Discovery channel' pretty reconstructions aspect, but also as a research tool in its own right.

BRahn: I'd be interested in some examples of where it has been used as a 'research tool'.....by which I guess you mean it has analytical value above and beyond the pure visualisation. I have seen laser scanning and 3d projections from laser scans used as a conservation tool, particulaly in monitoring displacement in standing buildings and monuments, but that to my mind is as a measurement rather than as a research tool. Always happy to hear about something new though.....