The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Copyright, Diggers and archaeology (/showthread.php?tid=3879)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Martin Locock - 15th April 2011

On re-sale: electronic files may be covered by licensing terms which preclude re-sale, unlike physical objects.

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - mpoole - 15th April 2011

Martin Locock Wrote:On re-sale: electronic files may be covered by licensing terms which preclude re-sale, unlike physical objects.

True, my explanations were regarding selling used books, etc. Electronic files that may not be re-sold usually include software, but that's something outside my small area of knowledge.

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Unitof1 - 15th April 2011

Quote:Yanno, there's really no talking to you. I like to point out things that make sense, you like to garble damn near everything you read, it runs through the Homer-filter and comes out as some variation of 'D'oh'.
Quote:
LMGTFY is not in violation of copyright, it merely does the work of creating a search ON Google for the hard-of-thinking, and is meant in an ironic and probably sarcastic way as a pointer for those who are too inept to create a search on Google for themselves.

There's no point, really, in doing anything else on copyright as far as you're concerned.

Really.

Quote:
[SIZE=3]Where's that dead chupacabra, surely it's around here somewhere..............
[/SIZE]

Gowd nose what these are talking about then FFS mmorrpplo- bud

http://www.webmasterworld.com/content_copywriting/4245159.htm

this chupacabra, don?t have them round here, you got copyright on it being dead?

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Unitof1 - 16th April 2011

dino from what I want and from what I understand, you are attempting to enhance your publication with the work of others you found laying around. You possibly see this incorporation in your publication as an act of archaeological preservation of the record particularly due to the fact that you cannot find them. One day no one will be able to find you, wow. The question is whether you see the Acts and international conventions on copyright as an infringement or whether they should be used by archaeologists. I think that if people valued archaeological information as copyright they would be more concerned with the preservation of archaeological data than they currently are. Hence your situation.

Don’t ask me what to do.(don’t use it) I think the answer is that archaeology should embrace copyright, push it on even more than it is- get an extra special 500 years for archaeological data or something like that but I don’t know how to make it pay big time..yet. Currently I have not signed the oasis forms. Gave up smoking years ago but still not feeling the benifits…

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - mpoole - 16th April 2011

Bless the keyboard hero.

If you'd bother to read the thread rather than leap on the first available linkola, you'd see that they're as good at grasping the concept of LMGTFY as you were. They're ranting about something else... some inane blather about MS and downloadable software and linking to irrelevant items. Hm....:face-thinks:

Yup, another Homeric event. D'oh.

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Marcus Brody - 16th April 2011

mpoole, I have to say I admire your persistence in trying to engage with Unitof1. Me, I'm afraid I don't have the patience, so I'm adding him to my ignore list in the hope that I won't have to read any more of his posts. I'm sure Unit won't care either way, as he seems to have little concern for the opinions of others, and would probably continue howling in the void even if he knew no-one was listening, but it can only be beneficial for my mental health not to have to wade through the same tedious and badly thought out rants about copyright, pension grabbers, charity units and his "hilariously" misspelt references to volunteers every couple of days.

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Marcus Brody - 16th April 2011

It's worked! All Unit's posts now appear as
Quote:This message is hidden because Unitof1 is on your ignore list.
! Bliss!

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - Martin Locock - 16th April 2011

Unit of 1: if you wish to ensure maximum access to your archaeological data in the long run, then you should attach Creative Commons licences to your material allowing others to re-use it without the need for further permission. And make it acccesible to others through resources like the ADS / OASIS ratehr than rely on a handful of paper copies and electronic versions held only by you.

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - mpoole - 16th April 2011

Marcus Brody Wrote:It's worked! All Unit's posts now appear as ! Bliss!

Thank you, Marcus, but I used to work for lawyers so I'm almost immune to people who make a career out of nit-picking. Still, that 'ignore' button is SO tempting.... I resist because on occasion there's a need to rebut the outpouring with a bit of factual ointment.

Copyright, Diggers and archaeology - P Prentice - 18th April 2011

personally i enjoy units jibbajabba - for all her seemingly pointless ranting there oozes a kind of philosphical miasma that probably reflects archaeology's underbelly and it is always better to know your enemy