The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Campaign Message ? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Campaign Message ? (/showthread.php?tid=3828)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Campaign Message ? - GPStone - 28th March 2011

While we're all looking for the killer slogan, what has been produced is the basis of a varied but excellent T-shirt/newspaper/email/pamphlet/mug/coaster/baseball cap campaign! :face-approve:

Campaign Message ? - deadlylampshade - 29th March 2011

"To inspire the future, you have to respect/understand the past"

Like this one a lot.

Not so sure about the time travel aspect. I understand that the effort is to make archaeology "accessible" but unless the context makes it abundantly clear that we are going backwards and are not boldly going where no archaeologist has gone before I fear that the time travel reference makes us sound far too specky-geeklike-spotters for my taste (my apologies to those who are spectacled (I am myself), into IT in a big way or like spotting trains and birds...but hopefully you'll get my drift...)...otherwise just call ourselves Time Team and have doneWink

Campaign Message ? - P Prentice - 29th March 2011

archaeology - timetravelling through history, meeting ancestors, solving crimes, enriching lives and protecting our legacy

Campaign Message ? - John Walford - 29th March 2011

Reading this thread, I was suddenly reminded of a quote by GK Chesterton.

"Tradition means giving a vote to the most obscure of all the classes, our ancestors. It is the democracy of the dead"

Perhaps someone more creative than me could develop this slogan a little bit, and find a way to apply it more specifically to archaeology?

Campaign Message ? - Madweasels - 29th March 2011

Keep Archaeology Alive Today - don't let it be just a thing of the past!

Campaign Message ? - Talisien - 29th March 2011

The Past is Another Country
Save it for the Future Today

mmmmmmThe
Campaign for Real Archaeology

Campaign Message ? - Madweasels - 29th March 2011

I was wondering about the 'Past is another country" tag. Trouble is, the next line is - "they do things differently there". It is a line used by self-help groups and addiction therapists to demonstrate that it is OK to forget about the past and start a new life. Not really the message we want to get across - more like the message of our 'opponents' . I was thinking more of turning it on its head by saying "The Past is NOT another country - it is OUR's" - but then it starts to sound like a BNP sound-bite.

Campaign Message ? - GPStone - 29th March 2011

Fair point, Madweasels. I do like 'The Campaign for Real Archaeology' though. It has a certain wholesomeness to it, all be it with connotations of bearded middle aged men and pipes.

Campaign Message ? - P Prentice - 29th March 2011

a variation might go

archaeology - inspiring the future from understanding the past

Campaign Message ? - Talisien - 29th March 2011

Madweasels Wrote:Trouble is, the next line is - "they do things differently there". It is a line used by self-help groups and addiction therapists to demonstrate that it is OK to forget about the past and start a new life. Not really the message we want to get across - more like the message of our 'opponents'.

Maybe the tag should be along the lines of:

"The Past Today Tomorrow"

T